Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will the new android dashboard arrive?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Trying the new dashboard...

Nine times out of ten the only thing I care about  is how many calories I've got left to eat to stick to my plan!   

Not only can I not make this the number one central item, but it leads with the info of how many calories I've consumed. Just in tiny text does it say how many I've got left!    My consumption varies based on my activity so at any given time i want to know if I'm reaching my daily limit to keep on track. 

As a cyclist and swimmer I really don't care how many steps I've taken or floors I've climbed. I llike all the info and i'm interested in i've burned, but primarily I just want to know what I have left. 

Moderator edit: Format.

http://jkTrain.com
Best Answer

Trying the new dashboard...

The only thing I care about 9 times out of 10 when I look at the phone is how many calories have I've got left to eat to stick to my plan!   

Not only can I not make this the number one central item, but it leads with the info of how many calories I've consumed. Just in tiny text does it say how many I've got left!    My consumption varies based on my activity so at any given time i want to know if I'm reaching my daily limit to keep on track. 

As a cyclist and swimmer I really don't care how many steps I've taken or floors I've climbed. I llike all the info and i'm interested in what I've burned. But primarily I just want to know what I have left. 

media-20161116.png

http://jkTrain.com
Best Answer

i agree, new dashboard is a step in the wrong direction. 

i don't personally like the look of it but can see some might. it doesn't seem as clear at showing you the information that matters though.

as you say, it gives less flexibility to define what you want to see at the top of the page - as best i can tell you cant add or rearrange the top section, just hide some items. resting hr, sleep and weight are the most important to me and yet i can't have any of them in the top section. 

if you do hide items from the top section, you don't seem to be able to add them back at the bottom so either its poorly designed from a functional perspective or its just plain non-intuitive to use

and then the detail pages off the dashboard go back to the old look and feel (as they still do on the ios app) so the app as a whole is disjointed

please fitbit, do not force us to move to this new dashboard!

Best Answer

There are several theads on this including one posted/pinned by the Moderators but I'll paste my other post here too to try to catch everyone.

Hi Guys,

Doesn't seem to be much Mod activity so I've put in a feature requests to try to regain some functionality and ability to customise the tiles on the dash not just in upper/lower fields.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

When IOS users weren't happy with the new dash it was suggested that this wasn't the case because people didn't vote for the feature request in any great number despite expressing otherwise in various threads. So, if you do feel strongly about it or at least support the idea, please add your votes and comments.

It's not a rebellion, just a bid to continue to use my Fitbit in the way I have always done over the last 4yrs, pleeeaase!   Woman Happy

Helen

One, Blaze, Android
Also posting as Blokeypoo
User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

thanks Helen

unfortunately your link isnt working so i'll see if i can get one to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

i have generally found fitbit to completely ignore customer feedback - their attitude is if you want to use their products you get what they give which is a shame as they could get a better product and more happy users recomending it if they'd listen a bit more. as you say though, even these forums end up neutralising any discontent as threads get repeated so there is no one place reflecting the true level of protest. we can but try though 

Best Answer

I also agree, they are trying to inline dashboard with the PC version, not that this will get read by fitbit but if you must update to this new dashboard at least keep the option to choose between the 2 dashboards (Old and New)....additions that need to be inplemented to improve new dashboard are as follows

1. Unlock the top Tile

2. Allow User to chose what is in the larger tile (ie be able to change distance with heart rate etc.)

3. allow the user to allococte which tiles go where (like in the Older Version/Desktop Version)

4. allow the whole page to show historic data when paging Left - like the Old Version (not just the present locked top tile)

5. colours change on progress Bar/Circle (like the Old Version).

6. if you want it like the Main Desktop allow all the tiles available on PC Inc multi action Charts/Graphs (Heart Rate for example)

7. The Add button (+) needs to be in page not in overlay as it covers information

8. Calories Burned and Calories Left Should be in the same tile ( Like Cals In/Out).

Please Note this is for the Andriod Changes but guess it would aid the IOS as well

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking a break from stepping to come in here.

I'd like to thank @Poo and @pk1976 for sharing that link in here. I'd definitely say that the very best place to make your voice heard about wanting changes for the new dashboard would be the Feature Suggestions board or, specifically, the Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard suggestion in the same board. Please do know that your suggestions do not got unnoticed!

If you have any questions feel free to let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza.

first of all please dont take this personally

thank you for the feedback but looking at it customers are getting tired of keep getting pushed from pillar to post (place comment here - place suggestion here) it has been placed in here and we only want to place it once not 3, 4, 5 times - then see if it gets a vote or two befor anything is done - now surely it is up to fitbit to read all the comments and be they negative or positive treat them as a vote themselves - most of us went with Fitbit cos it looked like the best option - now my own circumstances may be out of the norm but in 18 months i have had 4 charge HR Trackers and at over £100 a pop its a bit rich then asking me to post into different threads, forums and boards in the hope that enough people agree (most people will only have time to look at one post relevant to the problem add a vote or a comment (which is the same thing) and hope it gets noticed please feel free to move comments to a more revant page i have posted onk suggested feed back and with a similar subject that was posted nearly 3 years ago still nothing has been done and that was to add the ability to add or own addition serving size - so simple in theory as we can add another food type or exercise - we dont want to have to sigh up to 3rd party apps to be able to get this information either (my fitness pal or weight watchers) if we had wanted to do that we would not have invested in fitbit.

appologies for the rant but feel its apt to the scripted responses we get as replies

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Bad link.  Update/correct it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Hwriter!

If you do not mind me asking, what link is the one that you're referring to? That way I can verify and provide you a working one.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes