Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fitbit notifications on Android

I have just had to factory reset my phone (for an unrelated issue), and have reinstalled all my apps (including Fitbit - it's now on v4.14). I'm running Android 14 on a Google Pixel 7 Pro.

However, I don't get any notifications from the app to my phone (but all the notifications from other apps are being sent by Fitbit to my tracker - a Sense). Prior to the reset, I was getting all notifications from the app.

I have checked that all notifications are on in Fitbit settings and also checked in Android settings that Fitbit is allowed to send notifications to my phone.

This is particularly annoying as it is very useful to get the low battery notifications as I can then charge the Sense.

Are there any other ways I can make sure that I get notifications from the Android app?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @geejaytee - there are several places to setup notifications if you are starting from scratch again. For emails & texts etc. it's on the device page, Notifications and inside App notifications. For the Fitbit App it's in Settings, Notifications.

Of course the watch needs to be syncing with the Fitbit App for any notifications to work. It may temporarily stop.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I'm getting notifications from all other apps onto my Sense.

I just don't get any Fitbit notifications from the app. That is, I don't get 'low battery' notifications, '75/100/125% of daily goal' notifications, Challenge notifications, or any other.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geejaytee - in the Fitbit App Settings, Notifications there are push and email notifications, do you get the email ones in your email?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I get no notifications (either on the phone or via email) at all. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Android app earlier today, and it has not made any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just randomly chooses which notifications its going to receive or miss per day, very inconsistent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support have confirmed to me that they are aware of an issue with the Android app and notifications *from the Fitbit app itself*, but don't have a timeline on when a fix will be sorted.

Best Answer
0 Votes