Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No attempt to sync when app notifications are off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy ZFold 3

Fitbit: Charge 4

Android version: 13

App version: 3.71

I have always had notifications turned off in my phone's settings for most apps, including Fitbit.

I recently updated my phone to Android v13. Since then, the app doesn't attempt to sync while notifications are turned off. In place of the "syncing" bar at the top, the app shows a bar saying notifications are off and promoting me to turn them on.

I don't want to turn notifications on. Is it intentional that the app is forcing me to turn on app notifications? Or is this a bug? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GaelP Nice to see you again in the forums. 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the syncing of your Fitbit Charge 4 with your Samsung Galaxy ZFold 3. I appreciate the explanation. Please note that there is currently a situation going on with the latest Android 13 update. This has been reported already and Fitbit is working on a solution. In the meantime you can try and sync your Charge 4 with another mobile device. 

I appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@GaelP Nice to see you again in the forums. 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the syncing of your Fitbit Charge 4 with your Samsung Galaxy ZFold 3. I appreciate the explanation. Please note that there is currently a situation going on with the latest Android 13 update. This has been reported already and Fitbit is working on a solution. In the meantime you can try and sync your Charge 4 with another mobile device. 

I appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer