Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Showing Sleep Scores in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few weeks ago a new area in the sleep log had an place for Sleep Scores. I found where to turn on this feature and have turned it on but for two weeks it shows the score category but never actually posts a score. Is there something I need to do for my scores to start posting? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

I called Fitbit. This is what they had me do.

1. Put your fitbit on the charger and hold the side button down for 15 seconds until you see a smiley face.

2. On your phone, go to Google Play and click the menu (3 lines in the upper left corner) There should be a red dot there to indicate an update.

3. Go through the apps for updates and find your Fitbit app, then hit the update button.

4. Scroll down to see the completed update and press open.

5. Once you open it, go to your sleep report. Everything should be there. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same thing happen to me. What’s going on? I need my sleep score back!

Best Answer

I have the Alta HR model. These steps did not work for me. My watch has not synced since early January. I am tired to going through 20 steps to get something to work.  I am going to ask for my money back.  They replaced my first watch and it did NOT fix the issue at all.  Terrible software and Q&A. (I am a retired computer engineer) 

Best Answer

I have the same issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue on my Ionic. What's going on Fitbit!I t's worked perfectly for many months then stopped early January.

Are you going to require that we purchase Premium to have this feature back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is also frustrating that now you can't get the details of your sleep
without upgrading to premium.
Best Answer
It is only occasionally that I don't get my sleep score anymore. So for the
most part things are working fine now. However, last week it said I went to
sleep at around 2:30am and I actually went to sleep at 11:30pm. I thought
that was strange.
One thing I would suggest is that you keep your phone app up-to-date. I
think that the data on the watch for sleep is actually calculated by the
app and then synced with the watch. So check Play Store if you have Android
daily and do the update if there's one available.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - appreciate your advice.  I check daily - and they have not updated the Android version in a while.  Still 3.12.1  It does not work any better for me. 

BTW I chatted with support to try to return the 2 Alta HR watches I had, and since I brought them on Amazon - they don't touch it.  Sad - since it worked for about 2 months just fine and has never worked since.  

I can't understand how Google takes over Fitbit and it turns into a terrible application. 

I worked in software development for many years and would be ashamed to release such bad software.  (I have a conscience)  

They insult our intelligence with the "we are sorry you are having trouble ... go through theses steps ... "

I am disillusioned and will go with Garmin or another reputable company.   

Best Answer
I have a Versa 2 and like I said it seems to be working well now. Only 1
night where it said I went to sleep at 2:30am when I actually went to sleep
at 11:30pm.
I too was in software development. Started in 1967 as programmer trainee
and retired as Tech Svcs Manager responsible for Operating System support.
God help me if we installed an operating system upgrade and it had
problems. Test Test and Test some more before going live.
Oh, I'm not sure if Google has even started to do Fitbit software
development yet. I'm expecting good things once they do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we get an answer for this please? Sleep scores are not showing, im seeing two different formats for sleep info on the same page for different nights, theres no option for turning sleep scores on/off and I cant even post a screenshot here to show or atleast that I have no idea how to do. Please send help.

Best Answer

This is so frustrating why are the sleep scores only showing the indepth detail and and actual number 1 night out of the week...

Best Answer

I noticed a new app was released for Fitbit on the Android OS.  Ver 3.13  

Insure that you have upgraded to it and then try it.  i am in the process of trying it out. 

I would recommend restarting the phone AND reboot your fitbit watch.  

right now - It seems to be syncing for a while, but has not updated my sleep scores or the Fitbit dashboard.  My last sucessful sync was 1/17.  It also to appear to keep trying to sync - so hopefully some of the bugs were fixed?  Stay tuned.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it fixed. Don’t use app to say going to sleep.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Only thing I could suggest is to update your Fitbit phone app.
As I said before, my problem just went away and I'm thinking it
could have been as simple as keeping your phone app up-to-date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Because they want you to pay for premium to access them!😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned off receive sleep insights , and all sleep score shown up. Hope this help.

Best Answer

Am i missing something?  I can't find this in settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LE66, if you want to turn sleep insights on or off in the phone app select sleep. At the top right of the screen is a cog/gear symbol, select that and you should find the sleep insights option listed there.

Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same experience. I only got sleep scores and detailed sleep report (REM, light, deep) on my first two nights. Now I'm only receiving sleep summary without scores and detailed report. 

Best Answer
Don’t use app to say you are going to sleep. Just got to bed. It works

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer