Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change active minutes on my phone? fitbit maintenance?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I recently changed from an apple phone to an android. While I had the apple I was able to change my active minutes in the app by clicking on the gear in the top corner. Now when I click the gear it will bring me to the same page but this function is no longer there (its not an option to change). I had to sign into my account on my desk top and change it there to fix the problem. Also I want to change the calories burned goal. When I do it on my app it tells me fitbit.com is down for maintenance. However when I sign into my account on the computer it changes on the computer but will not sync to my phone? I am unsure of whether this is an issue like the active minutes or just that fitbit is actually doing maintenance (It does not appear to be and says nothing about it online that I have seen).

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @Chrystal87! I'm glad to have you here.

It is possible that the connection between the app and our servers could be having some loading issues. In this case I'd recommend that we try to log out and then log back into the Fitbit app. Regularly when the app, or the Dashboard, will not work correctly for me, logging off and on does the trick.

Please let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. So far I have tried everything listed below:

Restart the app by logging out on all devices,

Completely uninstalled my app and re downloading,

Removing my tracker from my account and reading,

Restarting my phone and so far none of those have worked.

Now I can also no longer even click to change the calories burned on my desk top app as before (even though it wouldn't change before it would at least let me attempt). I get the error message that fitbit is down for maintance on my phone app still any time I try and change that one goal and only that goal. I also now get a red error message when I first open my phone app that says "could not reach fitbit.com to sync". This only stays up for a second and it still syncs like normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

re-adding not reading

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chrystal87

In this case I'd recommend that you get in touch with our Support team. They will be happy to help you and take a closer look into what's happening.

Please let me know how it goes! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes