Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not even worn my FitBit and my App has months of stats.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I purchased my Charge HR a couple of hours ago and when I got home I put it on charge.

The only time I've touched it (apart from to get it on charge) is when I was completing the set up on my Android app.

However, my App has months upon months of data on there. Calories burnt, Hours slept (I apparently sleep 17 hours a day with several periods of restlessness lol) etc.

None of this information relates to me and while I wish I could ignore it, I would like to get rid of it.

I read on another thread I could go through each day and log myself as doing 24 hours of driving but, as I've yet to find how far these stats go back, that's just a headache in the making.

Is there an alternative way to get my App to have a clean slate so when I do start wearing it, I know it's my data?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @taffyapple87, I don't know about the sleep data, as I have not seen this before, but the calorie data is perfectly normal and relates to you.  It will go back indefinitely, how ever far you look.

As soon as you enter your personal data into your new Fitbit account -- gender, age, height, weight, the program calculates how many calories your body must have burned just to stay alive.  These are called BMR calories. That is the minimum calorie burn for you, and these will be calculated whether or not you wear your Fitbit.  Once you are wearing it, you will get additional calorie "credit" for calories burned from activity.

If you can see how far back your false sleep logs go you should be able to delete these.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @taffyapple87, I don't know about the sleep data, as I have not seen this before, but the calorie data is perfectly normal and relates to you.  It will go back indefinitely, how ever far you look.

As soon as you enter your personal data into your new Fitbit account -- gender, age, height, weight, the program calculates how many calories your body must have burned just to stay alive.  These are called BMR calories. That is the minimum calorie burn for you, and these will be calculated whether or not you wear your Fitbit.  Once you are wearing it, you will get additional calorie "credit" for calories burned from activity.

If you can see how far back your false sleep logs go you should be able to delete these.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thanks for your help. I do find it a bit annoying that it's done that with the calories - I would much rather it start of day 1, clean slate.

As for the humorous sleep logs, I worked how to delete them so they are gone. I know I can be a sloth but 17 hours is a bit much.
Best Answer
0 Votes