Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: 7/13/17

Hello, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ has been added to our official supported devices list. Thanks so much for your patience while our team tested this out for you all. There are still some kinks being worked out, so some users might still have issues with the pairing process or with notifications. Please give our troubleshooting tips a try if that is the case. I will update this thread when I have more information available. 

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy S8 is added to the supported devices list.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Welcome to the forums!

Did you check the supported list? That probably is the problem.

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

When will this be fixed? Galaxy s8 is not on list. I use the notifications for work. 

@WendyB wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Did you check the supported list? That probably is the problem.

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Best Answer
When will Galaxy S8 be on the list?
Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue but sometimes my Charge has trouble syncing in general but zero notifications.

Best Answer

Same issue here with the Galaxy S8. Had a web chat with Support and they advised it isn't on the supported device list yet. They could not provide an ETA on when this will be resolved.

They did advise to register a feature request to ask for support for the Galaxy S8/S8+

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

Best Answer

**ahem** I really count on my blaze for notifications at work. Come on Fitbit get it together!

Best Answer

Mine too with 8+ very distracted that either I have to wear my gear to get notifications or my fitbit for tracking now. But can't have both on my blaze. The release of this phone was know.  This should have been addressed

Best Answer

I just spend 2 hours unpairing and pairing as well.  So it's just not supported yet...?

Best Answer

Oops double replied

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe it took months for the Galaxy S7 to be supported so I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick turnaround on this.

I can't understand why the devices need special support just to work on a specific android phone, surely if it can connect and sync via Bluetooth then it should just work? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine! Woman Happy

At the moment Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a compatible phone, which might cause some syncing inconveniences, but you can follow the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post, I don't guarantee it will work 100% but is a troubleshoot that you can try. I also recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

See you around. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Same here! No notifications and workouts with GPS say "Check Fitbit App."

This is really annoying since I heavily depend on these features! hope they fix this soon....

Best Answer

My Blaze just started receiving notifications from my S8 about 30 min ago.  

Best Answer

I started getting notifications , calls, text, and email on my Blaze from my S8 this morning.  Haven't tried gps yet.   Email notifications are coming in multple times thou.  Still using classic bluetooth to connect.

Best Answer
Crazy thing is my blaze started receiving notifications about 3 hours ago.
I'm very thankful!

Tom Foster

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung S8+
Best Answer
I did receive an update from T-Mobile last night, not sure if that has any
connection.

Tom Foster

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung S8+
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing that isn't working for me is the text notifications. Everything else appears to be working. Even the test works but it sends it like an incoming call  and not a text. Hope there is a fix soon!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

Is it on the Supported list? As that could be the problem

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It is actually working!  I was sending a text to myself to test it and it wasn't coming through. The very first text i received it came to my fitbit also. So, YAY! 

Best Answer