Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications issue with phone and device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While I have notifications on the V2 fairly reliably, I'm not seeing what I'm used to with a Pebble -- seeing notifications on both watch and phone. On the phone, when I get a text (which I see on the watch) I don't get any sound or notification. I see the text when I go look for it, but I'm not alerted (except by the watch) to its presence. Same with reminders.

And I don't see any persistence of the notification on my watch -- it displays but then there's no record of it. Am I missing something obvious?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @bmacaskill, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post, seems odd that the notifications feature is working in such way. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device are you using with your Versa 2? When was the first time you experienced such inconvenience and how many times since then? 

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Versa 2 are correctly configured. After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. I had followed the steps you outline before posting. I'm now getting notifications on both devices (Versa 2 and Pixel phone), though only sporadically. It seems to be a one-or-the-other sort of thing. I'll track it and keep you posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @bmacaskill, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for troubleshooting your device before posting, seems odd that you're receiving notifications sporadically. Can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this? Is your mobile device connected to other Bluetooth device like headphones, speakers, etc.? I'll be waiting for your reply if further assistance is required.

Your patience is appreciated, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it's not happening any more. My phone was still syncing with my Pebble, which it isn't any more, and I've not had a problem recently.

Thanks for your concern!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @bmacaskill, my apologies once again for the delay in responding you. It's a pleasure to continue assisting you today.

I'm really happy to know that your notifications issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Because your issue was resolved and just if you're interested, I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate over there. There are several users that share helpful information and tips about eating well, how to manage your weight, better sleep, a mindful lifestyle and some inspiring stories too!  

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes