Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Hey @AshleyU.

We have already determined that the issue comes from Samsung itself, so we'd expect them to work on an update or solution but we have no specific details on whether they are or not. We'll be sure to keep everyone updated though.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

HEy @Cthsck10 and @AshleyU.

At this point we'd have to wait for Samsung to release and update to correct this situation. While the issue is not affecting all of the S8 users, our team did determine that the issue has roots on the mobile device itself and not through the app. We have not received any news on the matter, but we'll let everyone know once we do. 

Thanks for your understanding. Again, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Alzino_97, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering which tracker are you using? I was able to see on your Community profile you have paired a Surge tracker, but I would like to confirm this.

In case you tracker is already paired and the notifications are not working, please give it a try to the following suggestions made by my friend @MarreFitbitMy tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

If your are having issues to paired your tracker then these suggestion will do the trick: 

1. Restart your tracker. If you have a Surge this post will give more details although the process may vary depending of the tracker you have.
  2. Try the setup process again.
  3. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Follow these easy instructions to learn how you can set up your Fitbit tracker using a smartphone. See more at www.fitbit.com/how-to
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just gotten a blaze and can't seem to get the notifications to work I think it is set up right can you help?  the phone is a Samsung S8 bluetooth is connected try sending a test message  to the blaze but nothing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Want2likeBlaze. Welcome to the Forums @TonySoldani.

@Want2likeBlaze I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Perhaps you could try syncing to a computer in the meantime? 

@TonySoldani There have been no news as of yet. You can check the thread I linked above in case there is  something new.

Please let me know if you have nay further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the Blaze for approx 2-years, it used to work like a champ with my Samsung Galaxy S6, but since having upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S8+, I am no longer able to get notifications. 

I've attempted:

- Removing the Blaze from my account device list

- Turning on/off blue tooth

- Ensuring that All Day Sync and the Always Connected is enabled

- Ensuing that the device and phone both have latest firmware/patches. 

- Rebooting both devices 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @whitelighter187, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Is your phone able to maintain a stable connection with your Fitbit Blaze? Sometimes when there is not a connection with your tracker, beyond just syncing your data; notifications might not be received from your phone.

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device

In addition you can try the following suggestions to troubleshoot this issue: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Hope this helps and see you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Bcassaro, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! I saw you are having some issues to received notifications with your new Galaxy S8.

I would like to recommend the following post for some additional steps you can try to address this issue: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app). You may find some similar steps from what you have tried already, but I'm more interest to try the last part of the troubleshooting recommendations about removing your device from the connected devices on your Bluetooth settings.

Give it a try and hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME

Hello, 

Thanks for responding. I went ahead and removed the Blaze from the device list, then uninstalled the Fitbit application, then reinstalled it. Upon re-installing it, I authorized it to GPS, SMS and so on. I also permitted (allowed) it within the notification service.

Next, I rejoined the Blaze to my Fitbit account. I entered in the 4-digit code, allowed it to sync and then permitted whatever additional permissions it required.

Next, I enabled the notification. However, they did not work. So I tried to cycle (turn off and back on) the bluetooth service on my phone, I then confirmed that it was able to resync back to my phone.  Even still, the notifications are still not working.

Lastly, I double-checked that the Blaze has the Bluetooth Classic in the ON position. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS - I chose to uninstall the Fitbit app as opposed to forgetting the Bluethooth as I knew that a clean uninstall and reinstall would re-prompt to permit permissions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I made another change, which provided me a tiny bit of progress.

I removed the Blaze from my account again. I then set the Blaze to pairing mode and then used my cell to pair it (which you cannot pair it post the Blaze being added to your account). I was then able to Bluethooth pair my Blaze and phone. Finally, I readded the Blaze back to my FitBit account; unfortunately, I still cannot get notifications on the Blaze.  But I am now once again able to manage music (skip/pause/back) as well as see the playing song from the Blaze.  I really don't care about the music control, I just want to get the notifications working as I use them for business purposes.  

Lastly, I am running the current Android version from the Play store and am running firmware: 17.8.401.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've literally tried everything to get it to work. It synced in the app but I can't get any phone call or text notifications to the Blaze. Did not sync through Bluetooth since I read it doesn't work that way. What is the deal with the Blaze not working with the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many other people with Blaze & Samsung S8 have same problem.  They (Samsung & Fitbit) do not seems to be able to find a solution.  The only solution I was given by Fitbit was to use an iPhone !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called fitbit and they said they know there is a problem and are looking into it but I'm not holding my breath 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's crazy! I never had any problem with this phone and my Charge 2. Wonder why they are having such an issue with the Blaze.... Thinking about returning it if they can't figure it out.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

If I could return mine I would but I've had it over a year. All the problems started when I upgraded from S7 to S8 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well new technology comes out all the time so they need to step it up and keep up with the curve or they're going to lose customers...

Best Answer

@Kberger87the only way it can sync is through bluetooth, you cant pair it through Bluetooth. 

When you open the Bluetooth screen on the phone, do you see the Blaze as being connected, I found until it does I wasn't getting notifacations.. I ended up waiting for it to show up. After that no problems with the notifications on my S8.

So what I do to make it connect. Not sure, I simply made sure notifications where turned on in the Fitbit app. Tried sending a test through the app, nadda, a few hours later they started. 

We have several threads on this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Galaxy-S8-and-Blaze-ZERO-NOTIFICATIONS/td-p/2268978/

Best Answer
0 Votes
I always have Bluetooth on. When I open Bluetooth, it finds my watch but if I click to pair it, it says "Pairing rejected by Blaze." I read that I'm not supposed to pair there anyway and that it only pairs through the Fitbit app. Everything else pairs just fine with tracking but not notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit seems to have all the excuses in the world for this problem going back to April 2017.  First, it's not on the approved list, but it was - and is now too!.  Then it's the Samsung 8, but there are other phones...seems the Iconic has problems too.  And then it's a Samsung problem, talk to them.  Samsung says, it a Fitbit problem.  Six months later stuck with a $200 crappy product.  I decided to sit down this evening for two hours with mine and got absolutely no where with it.  The next excuse will be..hey the Blaze it's out of warranty, we don't support obsolete products.  You can hope they fix it, but don't bet on it.  I'd say return if you can, while you can.

Best Answer