Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204
What android version did you update too?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

For clarity, I checked if I had a system update after seeing that someone else in this thread received an update. I am using a Verizon Wireless Galaxy S8+. The update brought the system software to G955USQU1AQK3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. I am frustrated because I use my blaze to get my notifications at work without having to check my phone all the time. Please fix it!!!

Update!! I am downloading the update for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ right now, hopefully this takes care of the problem.

Best Answer

My notifications will work for a few hours then quit.  I have both the Blaze Classic and Blaze paired.  I have also removed Blaze.  I have done a force quit.  I turn the bluetooth on and off, restart the phone (S8), reinstall the app.... I've tried everything.  Sometimes it works, then just stops.  It has not been able to sync since yesterday.  I've had my Blaze for 1-1/2 years with no problems.  This is so frustrating.  I hope there is a fix being worked on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - I have merged multiple threads into this one to prevent further duplicates. In addition, so that this information reaches all of you Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ users. Thanks so much for everyone's feedback on this topic! I understand many of you are having issues with not receiving your notifications from your Samsung S8 phones.

Our team thoroughly investigated this with the S8 and the only option to resolve this is for Samsung to release an update that will allow connection with certain older Bluetooth devices. Also, to be clear this is only affecting Blaze trackers and not other Fitbit trackers or watches. I posted about this back in September in this post here. In addition, in the Samsung Community, they have posted an updated response to this issue here. I hope this helps clear things up for you all. Thanks so much for your cooperation and understanding. 

I am going to close this thread to prevent further duplicates. If any new issues come up, please make sure to start a new topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer