Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Well, you can test if you're getting notifications.

1) Go into the phone app, tap the Blaze image top right. Under General tap Notifications, you should see all the available notifications you can receive (if they are not on, turn them on). In the upper right of that page, there are three vertical dots. Tap that and select "Send a Test Notification." If you;re set up, you should receive something.

2) Call yourself from a different phone.

3) Send yourself an email from a separate account.

4) Depending on your phone provider, you might be able to send yourself a text from your email. For example, I have Verizon and I can send a text using my phone number and @vtext.com (ex: 2565551234@vtext.com). Your provider may do that too.

If all those work, you're set. If not, I'm out of ideas because I cannot see how you're setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all that multiple times. Still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today is Nov 10, 2017.

Blaze + Samsung S8/S8+ are still not working....  Solve the problem or give us our money back!

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hey @Strims01.

I do not like being the bearer of bad news, but no updates at the moment. Since we're completely dependent on what Samsung does our hands are kinda tied for the time being. I'll keep looking and keeping my eyes open, however.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anything else I can try? Or do I have to wait? Or do I need a new fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's odd, my Blaze and S8 are fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @dcat12@amit2522305 and @pazzo40 it's great to see you around. 

In this post, you will be able to see an update regarding this issue.

I hope this helps, if you need anything else, let me know. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched phones from the Galaxy S5 to the Galaxy S8 edge and found out that my Alta can't receive notifications from my phone anymore. I have tried everything that has been suggested to do. My fit bit still tracks steps and monitors sleep and those things but I can not get texts on my fit bit anymore. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So from what I can read from the thread you posted, basically its not Fitbits fault (even though its advertised as being able to do it). This is a big problem, you guys might want to change you website as this is clearly a lie. Does the Ionic work with the S8? I might have bought it instead of the Blaze had it been clearly stated on the Website. Maybe you guys could compensate by trading our brand new Blazes for something that actually works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @KinnaK. I was reading you have tried all the possible suggestions to address the issues with your notifications. As a matter of review I would like to recommend the following post with troubleshooting steps fro these cases: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app). Perhaps there is something missing we can still try.

If the issue persists, please refer to our last update where has been reported similar issues with Galaxy S8/S8+: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TonySoldani! Welcome to the Forums @Hl0909.

We have not received any news on the matter. Like mentioned before, this is all on Samsung at the moment and there isn't much we can do to get this resolved.

Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @macpoo and @strudel.

Like mentioned a couple of times before, the issue is coming from Samsung themselves. At the moment we do not have any news on the matter and are waiting on them to get this sorted out.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!! I can receive notifications on my phone and now it is working again!

Best Answer

Hi there @Bcassaro, thank you for the update and let me offer you an apology since I have been absent from your thread.

I was reading and you had some progress with the issue you were experiencing. With notifications I would like to refer to you to the last update shared about this issue: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

I appreciate your patience as I can understand the frustration regarding this. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

But, as I said, mine works fine so it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem, not with the S8 and Blaze anyway. Mine has never been a problem. That's why I posted.

Best Answer

Hey @macpoo.

Thanks for mentioning it. After going through my post again, it definitely came out much ruder than I intended. Thanks for sharing your personal experience, it's certainly interesting that everything is working correctly for you. Have you updated your S8 recently?

Again, sorry if I seemed to rude or dismissive. That was not my intent at all.

Please let me know if you have any further information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JulieBob4 does the blaze show up as connected in the phones Bluetooth? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also experiencing the same. 
Notifications not working on Galaxy s8 for my newly bought Blaze tracker.
Tried it on my old phone 'Nexus6p', notifications seems to be working again.
Clearly an indication of compatibility issues with galaxy s8.
Why the Galaxy s8 is listed as compatible, when it seems to be not ?

Best Answer

I am considering getting the S8 active and was curious as to if you resolved your issue with your fitbit not connecting. I'd rather not waste the money if it won't connect. Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI update,

Just spent an hour and a half with Samsung remote access into my phone and still no resolution. It has nothing to do with notifications or app permissions. Doesn't access in safe mode, and resetting all app permissions and setting does not fix the problem. Still waiting for a solution. Starting to look at other watches because lets face it. THIS SUCKS. $200 for a digital watch that tracks my steps and heartrate.

Best Answer

It's great to see you guys around @siriusbsnz and @agangotia!

I am sorry to hear about the issues that this might be causing you, your patience will be much appreciated while we get this fix. In the meantime, you can try the instructions provided in my previous post.

See you later. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes