Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working with Poco F1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Notification service is not running. A Phone restart required to re-enable the notification on tracker.

This keeps annoying me of getting not getting notifications.

Please let me know the solution for this

Phone model : POCOF1

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome to the Forums @SivakumarPosa07.

This might be happening because the Poco F1 is not in the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

Keep in mind that while the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Even i I'm having the same problem...any solution available,

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Xuinxwer.

As I mentioned above, this might be happening because the phone is not on the supported devices list. Be sure to follow the steps I shared as there is chance that ti could help in getting the notifications to work.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue on Poco F1, any plans of fixing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Sunilkumarb.

Unfortunately at this moment we do not have any updates on the matter. Maybe you could try the steps I mentioned above.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Also if you have the time, perhaps you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on your suggestion to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sunilkumarb.

As I mentioned before, this is probably happening because the F1 is not a supported device. As such, we cannot guarantee that it will work. I'd recommend trying to sync with a phone that is compatible or a computer. That should help so that you get all of your data on to your Fitbit account.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know Poco F1 is not a supported device, but what do I do about it now? 

The sync is working, but the notifications dont show, it says restart Android device but I ddi so many times. I even soft reset both my phone and the fitbit Charge 2 . Nothing helps.

I bought this phone thinking fitbit will work with all devices. What do you want me to do? throw away my brand new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ashezreinz

MakeSure Start in background permission is  enabled , With Below Permissions notifications are  working for me on POCO F1

Screenshot_2018-10-31-23-26-00-019_com.miui.securitycenter.pngScreenshot_2018-10-31-23-27-05-476_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @ashezreinz. Thanks for being around to help @Sunilkumarb.

@ashezreinz Please do try the steps suggested by @Sunilkumarb. There is a possibility that they could work. Alternatively you could also follow these steps for troubleshooting notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution that suggested by @Sunilkumarb. is workable.  Thanks !!!!Heart

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Monet90.

Thanks for trying those steps before posting and letting everyone know that they did work. Now you can work towards all of your goals.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sunil,

I am using fitbit versa watch and the mobile used to sync is POCO F1. I am not getting notifications in the watch. Getting the same error as Phone restart is required.

Can you please guide me where do I see "Start in background" in POCO F1.

Regards,

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @sudheer.50.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Let me help you! 

You should be able to find it on the phone's settings. There, go to the app settings and look for the Fitbit app. There you should be able to see those option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ;

I tried the solution that suggested by @Sunilkumarb but still I am unable to recieve the notifications on my Fitbit Versa.

I am getting the calls but I am not getting the message notification or the app notifications on my Versa.

Could you please suggest something.

Regards,

Aryan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The poco f1 has 5.0 Bluetooth and even android 10 pie still why isn't it working 

please fix this problem at the earliest 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I tried EVERYTHING no notifications on pocophone f1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

As PocoF1 is a phone from Xiaomi, the solution i used for my Redmi Note 5 might apply for it:  i changed the battery saver options. http://www.gadgetdetail.com/poco-f1-how-to-use-battery-saver/ . 

For the Fitbit app, change Battery saver background settings to "No Restrictions". If menus are the same, you'll find this option in "Settings" > "Installed Apps" > "Fitbit" > "Battery Saver" > change option from "Battery Saver" to "No restrictions", else refer to  http://www.gadgetdetail.com/poco-f1-how-to-use-battery-saver/

I also gave the authorization to Fitbit to run at startup by activating the AutoStart option in "Settings" > "Installed Apps" > "Fitbit".

I now receive Call and SMS notifications.

I hope it will work for you too.

Matt

Best Answer

Methods of @SivakumarPosa07 and @SunsetRunner works.

Had problems after downgrading phone's firmware due to touch sensor issues. Settings from before  were intact and settings were as advised but notifications still failed. After which I tried resetting all settings as advised by offing it & on and now it works. For those who still can't get it to work, try my method. Good Luck!

Best Answer