Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone isn't compatible with Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased a Fitbit Sence great excitement only to find my mobile not compatible with the app, the moral is check before you waste your money make sure you have an upto date mobile and all will be well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Petero1  you posted three hours ago that you purchased a second hand Charge 5. So, which is it you have?

You can always read about supported devices here  - click to read. Not all phones are compatible and need a newer operating system.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi, I have a charge 5 and a Sense, got the sence charged and appears to work the downside 

cant download the app to my phone, asked a friend to download app to their phone so could the settings.

The Charge 5 is connected and all troubleshoots done but still blank screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

To use the Fitbit which I didnt know you have to download the app to your mobile, now found it

needs Android 9 minimum, there is no app to download to laptop so after conversation with

customer support my only option was to get a friend to download the app onto their phone to get

settings done, problem with that is some functions I cant use.

Fitbit customer support did say my feedback would be taken on board but how many people

are in the same situation ???

Best Answer

@Petero1  no idea how many people don't have compatible devices, but there are many. There are some who don't want a mobile phone and just want to count steps, so a simple pedometer works for them. If you're able, even an older compatible phone, without cell service that you can connect to the internet would work. I used to have an older phone that worked, until it got too old to use the app.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi Odyssey13, Normally I dont carry my mobile everywhere and find more and more companies expect

everybody to have a state of the art mobile.

I asked a friend to download the app so I could get my Sense set up however as I explained to customer support

doing it this way there are features on my Sense that I cant use

Dissappointed that there isnt a download to a desk top or laptop

The jury is out on the Sense see how it performs

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it comes to the Sense, without carrying the phone, you loose notifications and the ability to answer calls. 

The Sense does have GPS. 

If you are using a friend's phone, I would sync at least every 5 days. 7 days of daily detail is saved but I would not push it tgat long. 

Another possibility is to get a used phone that is comparable and go through your bones WiFi. 

You can still view a little on fitbit,com. 

Best Answer

Thank you Rich_Laue, I realised that not having a comparable phone won't let me access all the functions however

having used the Sense for a week there are functions like oxygen in blood that I can't find.

Its a shame that Fitbit only do a phone app I am not married to my phone and use a computer/laptop/ I pad more

Best Answer
0 Votes