Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch 2 calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am seriously doubting the accuracy of the calories burned I get on the Fitbit app with my PW2. I have all of my demographics entered correctly in the app and just did a 4 mile walk with weight pack on. Fitbit app saying I burned nearly 900 calories at the end of my walk. My average bpm was around 131 for the workout, is this even remotely accurate or is the app bugged?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @kregbru4 and welcome to the Community.  The PW2, like Fitbit models, uses heart rate based algorithms to estimate calorie burn.  But there are on-line Rucking calorie estimators that use MET equivalents, a recognized way of estimating calories.  You don't give the weight in your weight pack, your pace, or if hilly or flat grade.  These all affect calorie burn.  A reddit user recommended the GORUCK calculator.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

6.29km walk, 12'20" pace (pretty slow for me), average hearth rate 95bpm, GPS enabled, FitBit claims 725cal.

Compared to

5.98km run, 8'54" pace (keeping it in zone 2), average HR 127bpm, GPS enabled, FitBit claims 743cal.

So either my running and walking calorie burn rate is almost identical, or something does not add up.

Yes, all my demographics is set, I tried factory reset and SW update. Nothing helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes