Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please implement "Previously Eaten With" feature in Android Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

IOSIOS

The IOS version in Dashboard's "Add Food" view conveniently populates foods "Previously Eaten With" when choosing your first food item from archived lists, "Frequent" "Recent" and "Custom."  For example, when I log oatmeal for breakfast, or any one of three items eaten with it, (it does not have to be oatmeal first; I can choose raisins, walnuts or milk and choosing one will add the others below in the Previously Eaten With list.  I don't have to search separately for these foods as all are conveniently listed below with selection buttons and easily added to the food log from one entry screen upon pressing "Save.".  (Screen capture cut off the other three items unfortunately, but did provide an example choice.)

ANDROIDANDROID

With Android's less refined treatment, it may (mostly intermittently) display those foods eaten with oatmeal at the top of the screen upon pressing "LOG & ADD MORE," briefly, as more of a flash card reminder in a text box.  Unlike the IOS version, no foods in the text box are selectable, and require individual lookups to add them to my meal, which is time-wasting!  Pressing "LOG & ADD MORE", I understand, from other posts, used to bring up a "Previously Eaten With" type of option, but now, only returns you to your archived items listed in "Frequent" so you can now do the extra lookups and add more!  (Arrrrgggggghhhhh!)

Other posts on this board indicate the Android version had this great convenience feature until an update around.April 2016.   I only learned of it after installing Fitbit on an iPhone 4 running IOS 7 which is an older OS than my Android's KitKat.  Fitbit Team, would you put "Previously Eaten With" back?.  I see no reason why Android should not be as time-saving as the IOS version.  Please vote for this feature if you agree!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Deanothing!

That capability would definitely come in handy and save some time off for whenever one is on a very specific diet. You should share your idea on the Feature Suggestions board. There, other users can vote and comment on your idea to show their support.

If you do, be sure to post back here with a link to the suggestion so that other Community members can find it easily and support it.

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Deanothing!

That capability would definitely come in handy and save some time off for whenever one is on a very specific diet. You should share your idea on the Feature Suggestions board. There, other users can vote and comment on your idea to show their support.

If you do, be sure to post back here with a link to the suggestion so that other Community members can find it easily and support it.

Hope to see you around.

@Deanothing posted it here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/API-Android-Dashboard-lacks-quot-Previously-Eate...

Best Answer

Oh no! @LanuzaFitbit - @Deanothing 's post in the Feature Suggestions board got archived due to inactivity! Can we get it back or should we do a new post? Android getting the same "Previously Eaten With" feature that iOS has is super important!

It was here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/API-Android-Dashboard-lacks-quot-Previously-Eate...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Margojj.

In that case, creating a new one is the best option. If you do create it, please post the link to it back in here! 

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Posted here and gave @Deanothing credit because I was too lazy to make my own screenshots 🙂

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/ANDROIDS-Please-implement-quot-Previously-Eaten-...

Best Answer

Hmm, now my post was archived and is unable to be seen. Luckily this one is still viewable, but mine also had likes and comments, including (got these from my e-mail):

Thomas_L (Jogger) posted a new comment in
ANDROIDS: Please implement "Previously Eaten With" feature
on 05-01-2018 17:07

Yes! I just recently switched from iOS to android and cannot believe this feature is missing! Logging meals has become a chore when it was effortless before. Some meals are similar and with the ios version you could scan a barcode and just go down the list and tic everything that was in the meal before and then add more if something changed. Next time, all the ingredients are there from both ways and just tic the appropriate ones.  

I wish I could triple vote for this 😁

gandalf252002 (First Steps) posted a new comment in
ANDROIDS: Please implement "Previously Eaten With" feature
on 07-31-2018 09:55

Have to agree, wish more Android users were aware of this glaringly lacking feature that IS available on the iPhone.  I for one only know because my Fiance struggles relentlessly trying to add things, even though we generally eat the same or very similar things quite frequently.  As a work around, I suggested that in the future she create some meals which of course can only be done online to be able to save some time.   

Best Answer
Best Answer

@Margojj 

Thanks for picking up the torch!  Steve Jobs once said, "...a lot of times people don't know what they want until you show it to them."  Unless they've used it on iOS, how would they know?  Maybe it was too long a read to explain it?  I had hoped with the latest version of Android OS, 9.0 "Previously Eaten With" might migrate over or release from many Fitbit app updates, but still "NOTHIN'!!" to borrow from Yukon Cornelius Smiley LOL  I'm guessing there's a non-compete clause at work FitBit and all Android app developer's are bound by, otherwise, where's the motivation to buy their $1,000+ flagship phones and buy into their eco-system?  Just seems short-sighted to slight the larger population of Android users vs iOS.  2.5 billion active Android devices worldwide - Source, Android Police, vs 1.4 billion Apple devices, Source, Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

🙂 Of course, I'm so passionate about this because I'm not planning on switching to an iPhone but I neeeed the feature! and I'm very disappointed that you initially asked about it in early 2017 and nothing has happened... maybe you're right about the non-compete.

and no, I think the length of your post was just fine and the issue is Android users not knowing about this feature Smiley Happy. When I first saw it on my work iPhone I was so surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised .and that was before I found out how much time it saves! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @LanuzaFitbit the suggestion keeps getting archived in the Feature Suggestion Board, do you suggest we keep reposting it? I am so so sad that Androids still don't have this insanely useful and time-saving feature almost 5 years later, and iPhone users get to benefit from it 

Best Answer
0 Votes