Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/24/2017: Popup markers display over graphs (Android 7.0+)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi all -- As this has been reported as resolved with the Fitbit app update, version 2.47, I am closing this thread.

If you come across any other instances of this in the future, please create a new thread and use this one as a reference. Thanks to everyone who reported this, tried the update and confirmed that the markers are displaying as expected.

Fitbit Update 03/21/2017: Our team is aware of a bug where users running Android 7.0 Nougat experience the popup markers overlapping in the full-screen view of the following graphs: Heart rate, water, weight, steps, calories, floors, distance, and active minutes.

Our team currently working on getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I appreciate your time in reporting this issue and am looking forward to providing an update as soon as I can. More to come!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.41.32 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Hey, @Colinm39@NatsFan37! Thanks for the updates. Please download the new version that was just released (2.44). After this, log out from the App and reboot your phone. 

Let me know if the problem continues after this. I'll be around. Robot wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
No luck. Still displaying the same way.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeE Thanks for getting back to us, but no change.

tmp_23373-Screenshot_20170308-0630271522450344.png

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,
Has anyone noticed errors in displaying graphics?
On my Sony Xperia X compact when I open the daily HearthRate graph and I touch on the curve to view the HR of a peak the pointer of the box showing the HR displays on the exrtreme bottom of the screen instead of pointing such peak. Similar issue with the sleep graphic where I see the box in the top of the screen.

hr.jpgsleep.jpg

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tommytosto, Good to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community. I've seen this error only with one user and it was on iOS. My recommendation is to review if you have the most recent version of the mobile app. The most recent is 2.44.1 for Android devices.

To see the version of your app do the following:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

Regardless of having this version, I recommend also to log out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone. Once your mobile device has loaded, log back in to your Fitbit app and check if the graph are correct. 

Give it a try and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME!

Thank you for your reply.
I've got the latest version of the android App, I also tried to log-out, reboot the phone and clear the cache but the issue remains! Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEThe same with me and you can see my versions in the bottom of the post.

The sleep is exactly the same as @tommytosto but my HR message boxes are slightly higher, around  the 100-121 bpm. The anchor point is still on the baseline.

The RHR graph has the anchor point on the bottom and the message box between the 54 and 60 bpm

It was like this before 2.44.1....

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @tommytosto and @Colinm39. Thank you for providing me more details. I've been investigating this issue and there are reports of a similar cases with water logging graphs, happening on Android devices with operating system 7.0 (Nougat). Can you confirm if you have this issue with your water graphs too?

This is confirmed as a bug for water graph, but until now that we heard is happening with the sleep and heart rate graph. So I will report this with my teammates to start looking into this and confirmed if this is part of the bug too.

In the meantime, I wonder if you are using a different locale on your app? Try to change the location to US as a workaround. I have tried this with my Xperia and there are no issues with the marker position, but I have configured my app as US for my location.

If I got more updates I will let you know.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME.
I confirm my android version is 7.0 (on my old phone with android 6 I didn't noticed this issue).
I confirm the problem with the water graph too (and floor and calories but not on distance, steps and activity time).
I'm using IT locale, tried switching to EN-US (reboot/clear cache) but nothing changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME I changed to US and exact the same outcome.

Sleep for me 1:25am....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tommytosto and @Colinm39 thank you for keep me posted. There is a new version for the Fitbit app on Android. Please try to update the app to the new version 2.45 and restart your phones to see if this improve the glitch with the marker position.

Although I can confirm this is a bug affecting the app on the new Android OS version 7.0. Our team is already aware of this and is working to fix the issue.

I appreciate your patience and for anything else let me know.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 03/21/2017: Our team is aware of a bug where users running Android 7.0 Nougat experience the popup markers overlapping in the full-screen view of the following graphs: Heart rate, water, weight, steps, calories, floors, distance, and active minutes.

Our team currently working on getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I appreciate your time in reporting this issue and am looking forward to providing an update as soon as I can. More to come!

Best Answer

App updated, cleared cache rebooted, but nothing changed.

Thanks for the support! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tommytosto Yeah, the fix for the graphs in Android 7.0 has not been rolled into the latest release and is still in process of fixing. I will let you and everyone else know when I find out more details of the fix and a timeline for it when I hear of one.

Best Answer

Yesterday 1st Andoid O developer preview was out and they have still to fix this android N bug. Very disappoint that i can't check precisely my heart rate since 1 year! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My friends graph has changed but mine did not. Not sure why? However when I first woke up this morning I had solid blue across the board saying I instantly fell asleep, I was restless zero times and awake no times. Which is pretty inaccurate seeing as I know that's not true especially because I didn't magically transport myself to the washroom. Now it is showing some lines in it but I have no idea if they are all there? Still not able to see the actual times when I go to the lines. I also see if I scroll I can find out Rem sleep, light and deep sleep which apparently I had zero of that ever as well. Frustrating! I have no updates available either so that isn't going to help as a suggestion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hello, I have a charge 2 and at the time I got it and did a new update, "The Sleep Pattern" page used to have the graph that had the whole time you slept and showed the time you got up( say to go to the bathroom) and has restless sleep , it still shows this on the graph, but what the problem is that there is no more pop up times when you click on a certain part of the graph to see what time you had a resless sleep or was awake for a couple of minutes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I really liked that you could have looked at the time when things occured in the sleep pattern graph, now the time pop up does not appear no more when you click on a line on the chart.

Thank You 

John

Best Answer

I've been having this problem too. I thought perhaps uninstalling & reinstalling the app may fix it, it's infact made my whole situation worse! I've logged back into my Fitbit on the app and I've now lost all my data from the past 2 years! I'm devastated, is there anyway to resolve this?! Please help! 

Best Answer

Hi

I did find out for you with not losing your data again, if you go onto fitbit.com and log onto your account you can go to data export and export it as a pdf or a word file to your computer. Good luck.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure if or when someone from FitBit will chime in and acknowledge the
issue and hopefully do something to initiate it's correction. Perhaps
changing to another app would help, apparently there several others that
are compatible. I may try that if FitBit continues to be unresponsive.
Oddly, at the same time these detail awake/restless times were no longer
accessible, my sleep patterns "look" better, but I don't believe. Had a
lousy nights sleep and graph shows opposite ! On top of that, somehow my
Insights got turned on so I was getting daily BS about this fictitious
data. There's more, but I don't want to get too far off topic. Needless to
say I'm disgusted with FitBit right now, thought this chit-chat was going
to lead to a "fix". Thanks, Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes