Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Reply isn't Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not seeing an option to respond with a quick reply  to text messages.  I am using a new Versa.  I am using a Galaxy S8.  I tried it with a third party text app and my native Samsung text app.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @paka955.

Thanks for trying with different apps before posting.

In this case I'd recommend that you try going through this help article. It should provide some insight into how to get them to work correctly. If you go through it, or already have, to no success please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all that prior to posting in community. The option to send a quick
reply isn't listed on the watch.

Patrice
Best Answer

I don’t see the option on the Charge 3 to reply to text messages. I tap on the message but no options pop up to reply. 

Best Answer

Hello @Muldermp and @paka955.

@Muldermp At the moment the option is not available on the Charge 3. 

@paka955 The notifications are indeed coming through, correct? Do you see the 'reply' button that should show up next to the notification itself? Could you share some of the apps that you have tried to check on this?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
I returned the charge 3. I have special edition versa and the quick reply
is not working in the apps it should be. Text messages, and calls although
Im not sure it should work with calls.

Patrice
Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Charge 3 there is no reply button that appears with text or Viber messages. According to the Fitbit’s website quick reply is a feature of the watch. Ah, I just figured it out.  It’s an Android only feature. Psh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are not helping. I have a Versa now. The quick reply function should
be working.

Patrice
Best Answer

Hello @paka955 and @Muldermp.

Thanks for sharing your experience @Muldermp.

@paka955 Did you try going through the help article I shared above with the Versa? Also, what apps are you using at the moment to get texts?

Best Answer
I use either native Samsung or 3rd party app Textra.

Patrice
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @paka955.

Thanks for letting me know. You didn't reply to my first question, however. Did you try going through the steps in the article that I linked above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out. The feature only works for Android phones. Thanks!

Best Answer

I have a Huawei Honor 9 and using The preinstalled message app. I cant choose "reply" when I get message to my Charge 3. Read all The above tips and forms, byt it wont work.

Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @KgJohan.

Thanks for going through all of the steps that have been shared before.

In this particular case it seems like it could be happening because the phone is not part of our supported listAs long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it.

Since you have already tried all of the steps that have been shared, I'd say that it is best if you try another mobile device.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That just isn't true. The Samsung S8 is indeed supported.

Patrice
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @paka955.

My previous post was in response to a other that mentioned they are using a Honor 9, which is not supported. As you said, the S8 is definitely supported. 

Since they didn't work, I'd like to ask you to go into the phone's settings and into the notifications option. Make sure that all of the permissions for Fitbit are enabled in there.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

I have a pixel 3 xl, I just got the versa. I'm using Textra. I see the reply button, I press it and it just goes away. I cannot quick reply.

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't work with any texting app including native texting app.

Patrice
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brighteyedbecki and @paka955.

I have seen other users that have been able to use the Textra app along with quick reply. Perhaps you could try the instructions posted in this thread. They might be able to help you get them to work.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

BrauBeaut! Thank you so much for finding this for me!

Best Answer