Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

Does fitbit realise just how arrogant this so-called update makes them look.  As can be seen by posts here, asking people to throw away perfectly good kit and buy a new fitbit device just to get the old level of detail is clearly not going down well with your installed base.

Is driving the customer towards the competition really the way to run a successful business?

Please listen to the people here and give them back the functionality you removed and don't ask what people want....they have TOLD you!

Jc

(who would also like this functionality returned)

Best Answer
How DO you revert back to 2.44?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Download the 2.44 APK file from the internet. Search for "fitbit 2.44" you should find it pretty easily. Uninstall the current app from your phone, then install the 2.44 version. Just turn off the auto update or it will be updated back to 2.46.

Best Answer
THANK YOU!!!! 🙂

Best Answer

So, any update? Please fix.

Best Answer

Fitbit is not going to fix this for users of lower-end devices. There are user complaints for the sleep changes on the dashboard, different products;One, Flex, Alta, Charge, and the Android communities and Fitbit is just dancing around the issue. 

It has been over 3 weeks and they have done nothing to address hundreds, possibly thousands of customer posts.

Oh wait - they did do something. They fixed the issue where you had to log in again to see the sleep data even if you were already logged in. LOL

Best Answer

coincidentally , I expect.... but while in the fitbit website after writing my last message, fitbit actually asked me to rate my device on amazon.  I explained why what would have been a 5 star for the device is now a 1 star (amazon allows no lower) for fitbit company attitude to its customers.

Maybe more adverse publicity....look what it is doing to United Airlines 😉

Jc

Best Answer

No fix yet. Now it has stoped showing my steps & I have to go to the website. Ummm, isn't that the MAIN feature?

Best Answer

Incorrect. I deleted & reinstalled, too, hoping it would cireect. I've lost all my historical data. My join date was a year off, and it does not show my step count. My Fitbit is truly worthless now.

Best Answer

Ah, ha! I Kew it was all about squeezing more money out of us.

Best Answer

We are not concerned about viewing the sums of times awake/restless (which we can still view), but rather the ability to view the exact times and durations of each.

Best Answer

When I used to look at nights sleep chart I could click at top and the time showed.  What happened to that feature.  It told me what times I woke up or was restless.  Really liked 

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit  ,  you posted the following comment on the Sleep Stages thread, but I'm wondering if you intended to speak of the "time awake/restless tag" feature broken on Android, as this was the topic of a few of those misplaced posts?

@Ry_ @Senzi @ChasPro716 That feature will be coming back to Android in the near future. I will provide exact app version and date when I have confirmation from our Android team.

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit support about the awake/restless times not showing up
and they replied as if I was requesting a new feature to be added:

>From Fitbit support...

"We are glad to assist you with your inquiry regarding the sleep pattern
being available again on the Fitbit app.

To answer your question, we do not have an estimated date for an update to
the functions of the Fitbit app specifically the sleep patterns.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which
sometimes results in changes to the current products and services we offer.

What we can do right now is to make our feedback be heard by putting it in
the Ideas Board on our community community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-
Suggestions/idb-p/features​ which our product development teams consult
regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another
member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.
Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your
suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps."
Best Answer

@toddsdonald

I believe that is the basic canned response that other people have received - I believe the translation is:

go away - waste your time and energy posting on yet another useless board so we don't have to listen to you.

There have been hundreds of complaints if not thousands if you surf around the community and fitbit is either unable or unwilling to replace the functionality ripped from the users in the March release.

Best Answer

I agree 100% that Fitbit is showing a complete disreguard for customer concern. I received my Flex 2 as a gift from my son, so I continue to wear it, but I will never buy another of their products.

As other have reported here I finally went backward to release 2.44 about a week ago and it works like it use to and gives the time stamp on the graph showing restless and awake. Its pretty easy to do and you don't have to ROOT your phone. 

Find the 2.44 APK file from a trusted site. I used APKMIRROR. I also have my profile on the Fitbit site with my historical data. Download the file to your phone, I have an LG G3 ANDROID. Uninstall Fit bit app. Find the Fitbit 2.44 APK file in your Download folder. Open that file and let it install. You may need to tell your phone it's Ok to install from a site other then Play Store.

After its installed you want to prevent AUTO UPDATES or else you will go right back to the bad version. This was the part I found confusing, but it's easy once you know where to look.

Go to the play store and find FITBIT app. Click on the Top Part like your looking for the discription. When that next screen opens click on the Three Lines up in the right corner. You will then see the AUTO UPDATE box. Remove the checkmark from the box, and your all set.

I've had my loaded for a week now with no problems. Works just like it use to.

Best Answer
Hallelujah!!! They JUST fixed it in this morning's update !!!!! Thank you Fitbit!!! Mine works now!

Best Answer

@Mkhower wrote:
Hallelujah!!! They JUST fixed it in this morning's update !!!!! Thank you Fitbit!!! Mine works now!

@Mkhower so what App version are you on now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mkhower wrote:

Just checked on my Tablet and it has updated and is showing the times awake etc. yaaaay!!

Now to update my phone where I had reverted back to version 2.44

THANK YOU FitBit if you have listened to your customer's!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know how to look up what app version I have! Can you tell me how?

Best Answer
0 Votes