Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

I didn't break anything, @Metfan, and I can't fix it.  I don't have anything to do with it. Since I don't work for the company, I can't speak to the company line, but I was trying to point you to the answer that was provided several days ago. I am sorry that I interrupted your day, and won't bother posting to you again.

Best Answer

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...  somehow I don't believe that threatening them will get anything done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Katie11! This sounds odd. Can you provide me with an screenshot of your sleep? Also, in the meantime you can check your sleep pattern on your online Dashboard at Fitbit.com.

I look forward for your reply! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yip I have the same issue with the sleep graph on my App as well. I would hazard a guess and say that as Fitbit are trying to fix this issue they have either switched the function off for all graphs or when they have fixed the other issue it has inadvertently created this new issue :~/ 

Best Answer

Morning from the UK,

Same here with all the updates, not working on Android, nor Windows online.

Hope the software techies get it fixed soon. This is the main reason I have a fitbit.

Regards

Chris

Best Answer

This has happened to me as well but only in the last week, is there any update, I bought the fitbit primarily to monitor my sleep pattern?

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170328-114555.png

I can view my sleep pattern but I'm unable to see when I'm restless or awake and I use to be able to tap on the lines to see times.

Regards 

Best Answer

Sorry. I'm not very familiar with how these forums work. I was trying to direct my outrage at the Fit bit moderator. I can see now how it was directed to you. I do appreciate your attemp to point out a post of a possiable fix. 

Best Answer

Looks like whatever they said in a previous post was a misdirection. The 'fix' was to disable and remove the old display all together going forward. And historical data viewing, they've removed even MORE than just the pop up display for times. They've even removed the summaries of amount of time spent restless, awake, number of sleep interruptions and sleep efficiency. Very, very disappointing and frankly if I could figure out a way of returning my fitbit for a refund I would. This is no longer the device that I bought. Sleep tracking was the only feature that I switched to FitBit for.

Best Answer

Why does the developer take away working features when activating a new design?! Don't fix what's not broken! 

I have the same problem with the sleep window. I, too, use my Alta primarily to track sleep patterns, & I always check the TIMES awake & restless. Now I can no longer see the times. Switching to Dashboard view makes no difference.

Also, is this a new window design—why did they take away this feature (times)? 

Another thing: I attempted to edit my sleep for Monday & the result only shows the times ON THE HOUR, so if I edited it to say I entered bed at "11:44," it shows it only on the hour, not the minutes. Another change? 

Best Answer

@Jeni_B wrote:

. They've even removed the summaries of amount of time spent restless, awake, number of sleep interruptions and sleep efficiency.

@Jeni_B, I am not sure what you mean that they removed the summary of the amount time spent restless, awake, and sleep efficiency.  The charts on mine shows not only both the minutes and percentage of these stages, but also shows the relationship of these percentages against the averages for my age group. I don't see any information that I need that isn't there.

Sleep States.jpg

Sleep States Percentages.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larryyou're right, in the app, the historical data is still available but does not apply my selected sleep sensitivity to new sleep records. I should have said I was writing about the web dashboard (which I now see is probably misplaced in this particular thread) regarding the missing information about sleep interruptions etc. Take a look at this thread (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/New-Sleep-Pattern-Page/m-p/1900476#M64754) regarding our issues with the changes and missing data.

The app's not where I go to look for patterns however. I'll look on my phone app for last nights sleep data, but for longer term trends, I go (or rather went) to the web dashboard where, as of today, this information is no longer available. Being a cynic (I say realist) if they've removed it from the web, I just anticipate that the next update of the app also remove this level of detail from historical info.

This is all that we get on the web version now for historical data

new "improved" web dashboard sleep detailnew "improved" web dashboard sleep detail

Best Answer

@Jeni_B, this is what I see on the Fitbit.com Dashboard for the same day's sleep record. It gives both the minutes and percentage for each stage of sleep.  It does not go backwards into the historical records, since this data was not available then.

Sleep States Dashboard.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry I have a friend who has shown the same on his phone as you have, but I don't. Mine is more like @Jeni_B's

I wonder what is different?

Still missing the sleep times though.

Regards

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry are you on Premium?

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

@G2EWS wrote:

@USAF-Larry are you on Premium?

I am not sure what you are asking, @G2EWS. As far as I know there is no "premium" for basic tracker or app statistics, the info that displays on the Android app or the Fitbit.com Dashboard.  The Premium Link on the Dashboard is for something totally different than the basic stats, and is not available on the Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larryexactly. My current sleep records on the app and on the web are these less useful and less accurate (for me) graphs depicting what is in theory (and very far from reality) REM, Light and Deep sleep.

Historical sleep records on the web version only displays the pattern of sleep, but no details other than start and end times. Nothing more. It used to give us sleep efficiency, # of interruptions, # of  mins awake, # of minutes restless, # of min asleep, # of min to fall asleep. The ability to see the actual times when these events happened through the pop up. No more.

Historical sleep records for this version 2.45 of the android add still show (I suspect until 2.46 is rolled out, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised) # of times awake, # of times restless and total minutes either restless or awake. We no longer have the pop up specific times for any of these events on the sleep graph.

So ... lots of data/detail lost now on the web version (and phone app) compared to what we had. For those of us with sleep disorders, this was all very useful information that we've now lost access to. Information that I used as part of a CBTI program to modify my activities and behaviours.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry It occurred to me that there may be an additional information that you are seeing that I am not. Obviously you are suggesting this may not be the case.

Be interesting to find out why!

Regards

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is with the app. I am using Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly I have the same problem with both my Android phone and the web service.

Chris

Best Answer