Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/19/17: Time awake/restless tag not showing in 2.45 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have just discovered this too. Until yesterday I was able to click on the vertical lines on the sleep graph (mobile Android app) and see actual times awake, restless etc 

Your suggestion to press and hold doesn't work for me. I'm wondering if the recent updates to the app have affected this functionality, which I used daily. 

Any solutions gratefully received as I don't really want to have to fire up my laptop every time I want more detailed info. 

Many thanks

Alex

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
245 REPLIES 245

I  have noticed the changed screen as well, and I do not like the new format to show the sleep pattern today, as it has lost the detail of the time that the restless/awake occurred and the sleep efficiency calculation has disappeared.    The previous screens were much more useful!  Why the change, I wonder.

Best Answer

Lucy, I checked mine online at fitbit.com and it is the same. I cannot click on the lines in my sleep graph and see the time anymore.

Best Answer

Hi!   I see what has happened.   I just went to the reports function and requested a sleep report as a trial,  since these reports are only available if you pay for a premium membership for $49.99 US per year.   In that report is the graph we used to get !!!  

Copied of the trial "premium" report function!Copied of the trial "premium" report function!

Best Answer

Are you kidding me? Ive owned fitbits probably 6 years now and that information has always been free, now they want us to pay to access it? 

Best Answer

Hi,   in my message below I've found the old report,  but it seems like Fitbit has put it into the paid premium membership reports, and put this crude graphic into the dashboard!! It feels like we've lost out on a normal tracking function!!!

Best Answer

I guess now we have our answer to the mystery of the missing sleep times: economics. Apparently Fitbit figured the company could make more money if they sold, rather than gave away, a feature. So sad. I am very disappointed in this direction. I've touted Fitbit so much; no more. The same thing happened with Evernote a while back—another app I loved. Users were forced to purchase premium usage to have the same features as originally. 

Best Answer

So disappointing.

Best Answer

Well that didn't happen..  with out pop-up with times how can I edit, my sleep?

Best Answer

@Brianster wrote:

Downgrade to an earlier version.  I went back to 2.43 to regain the hover-read feature of the restless/wake instances. This info is a must have for me.  PM me if you want the link I used for the downgrade- has back to 2.3.

I'm sure you realize that once you do this you must remove the auto update function for your Playstore apps- at least until Fitbit returns to a usable interface.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 03/29/2017: Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the changes made to the sleep section of the Fitbit app for Android. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• What can't I tap in the app to display the individual awake/restless times?
    • We're always striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes result in modifications to existing features. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to align future development better to your interests
  • Why don't I see Sleep Stages in the app?
    • If you use Fitbit Alta HR, Fitbit Blaze, or Fitbit Charge 2 to track your sleep, you can see a record of the sleep stages you cycle through at night.
      • NOTEWe began making sleep stages available for Charge 2 customers on March 27, 2017, and all Charge 2 customers can expect to have it soon. All Alta HR and Blaze customers should now have sleep stages.
      • Check out this help article for more detailed information about the Sleep Stages feature.

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want the sleep stages functionality

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbitwrote:

(...)

• What can't I tap in the app to display the individual awake/restless times?
    • We're always striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes result in modifications to existing features. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to align future development better to your interests
    • (...)

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want the sleep stages functionality

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Erick -

As we've posted in the web dashboard forum on this same topic, the manner in which this new feature was rolled out was not just jarring, it was disrespectful of your current (perhaps no longer) loyal customer base.

I bought several FitBits, primarily for the data, not the actual device. The data that was presented (and not longer presented) was essential to many of us who are using these devices to manage sleep disorders. So to remove our access to that data is more than disrespectful.
From a company and software development perspective is just foolhardy to not involve stakeholders in the roll-out. Beta testing at a minimum before distribution to the masses?

Aside from the questionable practices shown here by the management and development teams (I cannot emphasis enough how that needs to be brought to their attention) here are the other items that you have missed in your list for the New sleep profile:

• The ability to distinguish between restlessness and actual light sleep - it's now been merged into on clump
  • the ability to identify the actual time of any individual event in the sleep record
  • a summary of the number of disturbances in any sleep cycle
  • Disable the sleep insight 'suggestions'
  • re-enable 'normal' vs 'sensitive' sleep settings
  • sleep efficiency

For historic sleep records (or those who's device will continue to track awake/restless/sleep)

• the ability to identify the actual time of any individual event in the sleep record
Best Answer
The hoverover times I need available in my sleep gragh to edit, and use the
information. It's just a bunch of lines, with out time pop-up. Thanks
Best Answer

Brilliant idea about downgrading. I didn't even think of that.

@OffcerClancy wrote:

@Brianster wrote:

Downgrade to an earlier version.  I went back to 2.43 to regain the hover-read feature of the restless/wake instances. This info is a must have for me.  PM me if you want the link I used for the downgrade- has back to 2.3.

I'm sure you realize that once you do this you must remove the auto update function for your Playstore apps- at least until Fitbit returns to a usable interface.

Will be going back to a previous version of the app! Thanks!

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

@Calathea77This workaround is worth a try for naps... Create an Activity Record in your PC Dashboard by using the large stopwatch in the Activity Log.

After creating the record, click on the records edit pencil and change it to a sleep record and save  Then Sync.

I just tried it with a 30 minute record and it synced across but the time was awake and restless and no sleep... Worth a try with a genuine nap...  My typing time..Smiley Happy

That's probably why my 2.5 hours didn't register as sleep because I was awake for about 10 minutes... then it was nearly 10:30am

@Calathea77 wrote:

I suppose it's promising that you can see the specific times as pop-up markers in the Apple app and the Windows app. Let's hope they get it sorted with Android as well, and quickly. I tried asking tech support in chat but they were absolutely useless, I don't think they had been told anything about what is going on. 

According to a help page I found earlier, it won't log sleep stages for anything under three hours. That's a pity, I was hoping to see whether I catch up on deep sleep at all during naps.

I'd migrate to another system, I am getting tired of the endless problems with Fitbit, but I can't find one that reliably does everything I need (e.g. continuous heart rate monitoring) and has a tracker that'll fit on my small wrist. A lot of them seem to be built for big men, and I'm a woman of 4'11. Hopefully the tech will be properly there in another year or so. It's kind of cool to see how fast it's progressing, even if it is frustrating when products are released in the beta stage. 

Does anyone know of good sleep tracking software you can put your results and other data into? I'm using Sleepmeter, but losing sleep efficacy is a problem, and it doesn't have a way to log deep sleep, which I'd like. I could also do with a bit more analysis, for instance to see what is correlating with RLS episodes. The Medhelp website tracker is too basic. 

Oh, good grief.  The help page I saw said that sleep stages wouldn't be logged for under 3h.  It didn't say that sleep wouldn't be logged at all!  Yesterday I input an experimental nap, and it showed it using the awake/asleep/restless old system.  Today I've put in a nap, and it won't accept it at all.  I tried your suggestion, but I'm not getting access to the edit pencil.  On earlier records, where I do have access to the edit pencil, it doesn't give me the option to change it to a sleep period.  I then reread your post and noticed that you said to do it in the Windows app.  I don't have access to a Windows machine for half of every week, when I am staying at my partner's.  It's bad enough that I am going to have to manually copy over my awake times from the Windows app every Monday after we get back to my flat.  Plus I just tried it in the Windows app but no dice.

Your earlier comment: I'm not talking about extending a sleep period, I'm talking about adding a new one.  If this device is unable to log more than one sleep period a day, I'm going to have to return it to Amazon as faulty and find an alternative.  And so far I don't know of anything appropriate that fits a small woman.  (Also I am deeply envious of your night's sleep!  I was up half the night with RLS, and of the three nights that I have sleep stage data for, they all tell me that I only get 30 min deep sleep.  No wonder I'm so ill.)

Best Answer

@Jeni_B Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to pass it along to our team and make your voice heard.

To clarify, the Sleep Insights suggestions can be disabled if you do the following:

• Click on your sleep tile
  • Click on the settings cog wheel in the top right
  • Scroll to the bottom and disable the setting "Receive Sleep Insights."

In addition, the sleep sensitivity setting is still accessible via your online Dashboard at Fitbit.com.

@Calathea77 To help clarify, you won't see your sleep logged as Sleep Stages if your sleep/nap isn't 3 hours or more. Instead, that sleep period will be displayed as a traditional sleep log. 

To log more than 1 sleep period, check out the "How do I track sleep?" help article.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't access this info on the Fitbit.com dashboard either, as well as on not being able to see it the Android App. The vertical lines that show restless/awake periods are there, but no time data available when I click/hover mouse over the lines, or tap on them on the app. A real shame. Hope it's going to be restored soon.

Best Answer

I've been having issues with my sleep graph too! I used to be able to view what time I was awake/restless and it was incredibly helpful. Now there's no way to be sure.

I checked the website to view my fitbit dashboard and the graph is the same there, lacking specifics in restless and awake times. 

Help! This was so handy and now it tells me nothing! 😞

Best Answer

I used to be able to click on the sleep graph, the restless or awake lines and the time would appear in a bubble. For over a week now it hasn't worked!

Help please!

Best Answer

In the dashboard tile the restless and awake times are all grouped together at the end of the sleep time.  Makes it hard to find out if we regularly wake at a certain intervals in the/ evening.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbitThanks for helping the others.. I have no sleep reporting issues. All working perfectly except....

As a non urgent issue.. On my Android.... The "old" Dashboard shows "No sleep logged".. The new Dashboard  and the PC Dashboard are OK...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes