Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/16/2018: "Notification service not running" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/16/2018

Thank you for reporting the error is not longer showing in the Fitbit app. This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications. Make sure to confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I'm moving forward in closing this thread as the issue has been resolved and there is no need to post future updates. If you have questions regarding the Compatibility of your phone, refer to this help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Fitbit Update 05/09/2018

Hi, Android users!

Some of you may be seeing the following error message inside of the Fitbit for Android app:"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." Even if you perform a restart, the error message persists. 

Thanks for reporting! Our team has been notified and are investigating. We will make sure to update you all if we receive more information. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. 

androidimage1.png

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
340 REPLIES 340
I also use the Redmi phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

From where I can download this 66.0.3359.158 (7th May 2018) version? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brand new versa (mothers day present) is also having the same problem. Redmi 4a, all updates checked on phone and watch.

Quite disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have checked my Redmi updates and it is on the latest version. Part
of the reason I got a fit bit was because of the notifications. Now that it
is not operational makes it feel like a marketing scam.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for sharing my solution here, so far, everything is running well.

There was a new update to the tracker - FibitOS 2.1. Maybe everyone with the similar problem could try that out as well and hopefully solves the problem.

Cheers!

-howie

Best Answer

Hello Nitinsoni

Here's the link to the app on Playstore - [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview ]

Or you can just search "Andriod System WebView"

here's a screenshot.
index.jpg

*disclaimer Smiley Happy This solution works for me...I won't be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.

and most importantly! good luck and hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Howie.

Thanks for your suggested solution to this issue.  When I go to the Playstore to download the app for some reason it shows as "Disabled" and I am not able to download.   Would you happen to know how I can get around this? I have a Samsung s7 running Android 7.0.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MC54

This is beyond my territory but what i found is - Andriod System Webview has been replaced with Chrome with the newer Android OS's.

Googling other forums, seems like you're not alone...here's the responses that seem helpful / sounds legit.

Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 11.32.23 PM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even i was facing the same problem. I did few troubleshooting steps which helped me to resolve this issue.

I am using One Plus 5T Oreo and was facing this issue since a week so did below troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

1) In your phone first go to fit-bit app and logout.

2) In your phone go to settings, then select Apps, then select Application List and then select Fit-bit. Once the App Info opens for Fit Bit please select Storage and first clear CACHE and then clear data twice.

3) Restart your Phone and restart your Fit-bit device and then login to Fit-bit app with your account details and connect your Fit-bit device with app. Now turn on the Notification and it will work fine.

All the Best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any news on when this is going to get sorted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of my notifications are turned on but I don't get my text message notifications on my versa. What do I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Kartik_2Naidu.

I tried your suggested solution and although I am still getting the "Notification service not running" error on my phone, my notifications actually seem to be working.  Go figure!  My wife was also not receiving notifications on her Versa but wasn't getting the "Notification service not running" error on her phone.  I tried the same solution for her and she now is receiving her notifications and phone calls.  I just hope this lasts as we've both had intermittent notification service since we got our Versas a couple of weeks ago.  My fingers are crossed.

Thanks very much for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, Kartik_2Naidu.

I tried your solution, for sometimes it worked and then getting the same
"Notification service not running" error and it stopped receiving
notifications in my band. If we keep running fitbit app then it can receive
notification. Ideally notification service should run in background even
though app is closed. I hope fitbit team will resolve issue soon.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
I still don't receive my text notifications on my versa. Ever since I updated firmware yesterday

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also received a brand new Versa yesterday. Right after I set it up, it sound synced and received notifications. Then it stopped. I tried everything, turned Bluetooth on, turned it off, unistalled and reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, so on and so on

The only thing that finally worked was deleting the device and reconnecting it.

That lasted about 5 minutes again.

I am a loyal Fitbit user. I started with the One in 2013, then moved on to the Blaze. I was so excited to get this one but not am so bummed.

Should I return it.

Is Fitbit giving any answers that work??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem, too. I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with my Versa. The restart notification won't go away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a Zenfone Max plus M1 , my Fitbit worked fine until the latest phone update and i am now getting the exact same error . Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree one of the reasons I have a fit bit is because of notifications and they are not working when I contacted them they said it's because of my phone I told them my phone worked fine with fit bit till they did an update. I brought my daughter a cheap £20.00 fitness tracker and it works better than mine sort it out fit bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes some of the things they say to do make it work then it all goes wrong again 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I have the Galaxy note 5 but I don't get any restart notification. I just don't get my text message notifications on my versa.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes