Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/29/16: "My Foods" tab missing since 2.27 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 06/29/2016: Thanks to everyone who took the time to test the new update and confirm that the "My Foods" tab has been restored with the latest release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.28.

As this issue is now resolved, I am closing this thread. If this comes back please create a new thread and use this thread as reference. Again, thanks for all the reports and help in getting this fixed.

Fitbit update 06/28/2016: Hi everyone -- The "My Foods" tab has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.28 update. Please update and let me know if it's been fixed for you.

The issue with crashes when logging custom meals is still being looked into and has not yet been fixed. You can follow the updates for that issue here.

Fitbit Update 06/23/16: Hey all, our team has a fix in place for this bug which should be coming in an upcoming Android app release. I will confirm the date and version of the fix once I have confirmation from the team.

Fitbit Update 06/16/2016: Some community members have reported that since the Android 2.27 update the "My Foods" tab in the Android app has disappeared. 

I've made our Android Team aware of this; they are currently working on getting this resolved. When I hear an update from them I will make sure to share it with everyone here. In the meantime, I recommend using the online Dashboard at Fitbit.com if you need to access the information from the "My Foods" tab until we have a fix for this. Thanks for your reports and patience.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
I am having the same problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 06/23/16: Hey all, our team has a fix in place for this bug which should be coming in an upcoming Android app release. I will confirm the date and version of the fix once I have confirmation from the team.

Best Answer
Thanks Erickfitbit
Best Answer
Awesomeness! Thank you.
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Erick,

I installed the 2.28 Beta, and the My Foods tab is back, but recording a meal is still broken and crashes the app.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank goodness.

I wrote a email about 4 days ago and they told me to bring to it to the communities attention and allow them to vote on it.

So glad to hear this issue is being addressed.

Thank you Erick.
Best Answer

@gdio53 I recommend sending a crash report when that crashes via the beta app.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@gdio53 I recommend sending a crash report when that crashes via the beta app.

@ErickFitbit

Erick,

I'vr tried to generate a crash report, but it doesn't complete.

There's another thread where other users have reported this issue, and you've acknowledged the problem

Thanks,

Gary

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gdio53 Thanks for trying to send the crash report, weird that it didn't complete. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, it is definitely something that I've put on our Android team's radar and they're working on resolving it. When I hear a new update, I will make sure to share it with you and everyone else here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit update 06/28/2016: Hi everyone -- The "My Foods" tab has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.28 update. Please update and let me know if it's been fixed for you.

The issue with crashes when logging custom meals is still being looked into and has not yet been fixed. You can follow the updates for that issue here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ErickFitBit,

That latest update did the trick, the My Foods tab is back!!  Yay!

Best Answer
Same here. Thanks for the help Erick
Best Answer

Yes, this update seems to have solved the problem for me. Thank you.

Best Answer
I am very happy to see the my Foods list reappear in the app, it makes it much easier to record what I eat.

I do have one request comma and that is that you ask the Android team to thouroughly check a new version before it is released to make sure that your of the existing features get removed.

Thanks!
Best Answer

Fitbit update 06/29/2016: Thanks to everyone who took the time to test the new update and confirm that the "My Foods" tab has been restored with the latest release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.28.

As this issue is now resolved, I am closing this thread. If this comes back please create a new thread and use this thread as reference. Again, thanks for all the reports and help in getting this fixed.

Best Answer