Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 7/15/16: Unable to pair MobileTrack on Nexus 5X/6P since 2.27

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/15/16: Thanks to everyone who downloaded the latest version of the Android app, version 2.29 and also confirmed that MobileTrack is now available to use again on Nexus 5X/6P devices.

I am closing this thread as this issue has been confirmed resolved. If you're still experiencing issues with setting up MobileTrack on a Nexus 5X/6P on Android 2.29 or above, please create a new post and refer to this post as well. Thank you!

Fitbit Update 07/12/16: I have good news to share! We've just released a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29 which has implemented the fix for this issue.

Please make sure to update to the newest version and try to pair MobileTrack again. I would also greatly appreciate if you can confirm if this is working for you. Thank you in advance!

Fitbit Update 06/28/16: Hi everyone, after talking to our engineers it doesn't look like this will be resolved in the new app update version 2.28 as they're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

I will keep you all posted with more information as I find it out. Thanks for your continued patience.

Fitbit Update 06/27/16: Several users have reported that if they unpair their Nexus 5X/6P from MobileTrack and try to re-pair MobileTrack they are unable to see the MobileTrack option. This was reported on version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android.

Our team is currently aware of this issue. Once I get an update from our team I will make sure to update everyone here. Thank you for your reports and patience while we get this resolved.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 07/12/16: I have good news to share! We've just released a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29 which has implemented the fix for this issue.

Please make sure to update to the newest version and try to pair MobileTrack again. I would also greatly appreciate if you can confirm if this is working for you. Thank you in advance!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

So I've been using the mobile track sucessfully for a day on my Nexus 5x. After manually logging a run I stopped being able to sync steps from the phone. I unpaired it, but unfortunately now under add devices, there is no option for my phone.

Is this a known issue?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

I have been using MobileTrack on my Nexus 6p since it has been available, through the Android App. I recently factory reset my phone and reinstalled the Fitbit app and now there is not an option to add my device. I went into my account on line and deleted my old phone entry as it recommended I unsync and resync. The only option was to remove it. Now I can't find a way to readd my phone as a tracker. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Hello,

I ran into the exact same problem with my Nexus 6p. It was working fine yesterday and I did a factory reset on my phone last night.

Today I am not able to set it up correctly.

Has anyone else been able to figure this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Similar boat on the nexus 6p. It quit syncing so I attempted removing phone and re-adding. When I tried adding it back, it no longer offers the setup without a device. Removed program, cleared cache, reset phone, and then all of the above in random order.

No joy...
Best Answer

Think I have the same problem, I've just switched from Windows Mobile to Android where I was using FitBit app, but I can't get the Android app to use my Nexus 5X to track my movement.

Best Answer

I also have tried clearing the cache and the app data. I even delete and reinstalled the app. 

I have also power cyclyed my phone after the reinstall of the app.

Am I missing it somewhere or is it a problem with app???

Best Answer

For what it's worth, it's happening to me too.  I have cleared all app data, logged out and logged back in, and rebooted the phone.  Normally I should see "Your phone tracks the basics" however I am only given options to pair a Fitbit tracker.  What can I do to help fitbit diagnose and fix this issue?

Best Answer
I have this problem too. I accidentally unpaired my device and now I can no longer pair my Nexus 5X
Best Answer
0 Votes
All the same, it does not suggest how to use the device tracker
Best Answer
0 Votes
And I have the same problem. The decision does not appear?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Nexus 5X and it stopped syncing the other day.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but now there is no option for Mobile Track.  I only see it if I'm creating a new log in, which I don't want to do.  

Best Answer

@hamstercups @myriad46 @BradW... @Alt0134 @DomRoberts @Brian_R @Kahroo @Станiслав @ecpolo521 First, thank you for taking the time to report this issue everyone. Second, I have a couple of questions to ask you all so I can get this escalated to our Android team:

1. What version of the Fitbit App are you currently using? To find out, open the Fitbit app, menu > help > will show at the top like my screenshot below.
  2. What Android OS are you currently running on your phone? To find out, use this online tool via your phone's browser.
  3. Can you also share a screenshot of what you see when you scroll to the bottom when attempting to setup MobileTrack?

Looking forward to getting your responses so I can get this looked at ASAP. Thanks again everyone.

Screenshot_20160622-130357.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Android 6.0.1
fitbit 2.27
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am using Version 2.27 (2182990) of the Fitbit app.

I am running Android Version 6.0.1. With a June 1 security patch level.

Kernel Version: 3.10.73-gc6f9501

Build Number: MTC19V

The last entry on the app devices screen is Force the one above it is Ultra.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for looking into this.

FitBit Ver: 2.27 (2182990)

Android 6.01

Are you talking about manually adding a device? Here is the bottom of the list of available devices

Screenshot_20160622-160432.png

Best Answer

The bottom of the list of devices on mine is just like myriad46.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit 2,27
Android 6.0.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hamstercups @BradW... @myriad46 @Станiслав Thank you so much for the quick responses everyone! Getting this looked at right now, will have a new update for you all once I hear one. Again, thank you!

Hoping to have this resolved soon!

Best Answer

Version N Beta 4

Best Answer
0 Votes