Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 7/15/16: Unable to pair MobileTrack on Nexus 5X/6P since 2.27

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/15/16: Thanks to everyone who downloaded the latest version of the Android app, version 2.29 and also confirmed that MobileTrack is now available to use again on Nexus 5X/6P devices.

I am closing this thread as this issue has been confirmed resolved. If you're still experiencing issues with setting up MobileTrack on a Nexus 5X/6P on Android 2.29 or above, please create a new post and refer to this post as well. Thank you!

Fitbit Update 07/12/16: I have good news to share! We've just released a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29 which has implemented the fix for this issue.

Please make sure to update to the newest version and try to pair MobileTrack again. I would also greatly appreciate if you can confirm if this is working for you. Thank you in advance!

Fitbit Update 06/28/16: Hi everyone, after talking to our engineers it doesn't look like this will be resolved in the new app update version 2.28 as they're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

I will keep you all posted with more information as I find it out. Thanks for your continued patience.

Fitbit Update 06/27/16: Several users have reported that if they unpair their Nexus 5X/6P from MobileTrack and try to re-pair MobileTrack they are unable to see the MobileTrack option. This was reported on version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android.

Our team is currently aware of this issue. Once I get an update from our team I will make sure to update everyone here. Thank you for your reports and patience while we get this resolved.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

@ecpolo521 The current Fitbit app for Android, version 2.27 is not supported under Android N beta versions right now. 

Best Answer
I installed 2.26 and same issue. Was working fine on Beta 3 and 4.
Best Answer
Fitbit 2.27
Android 6.0.1
Nexus 5X
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ecpolo521 To clarify, the Fitbit app is not compatible with any beta Android OS versions. 

@WildBillHill Thank you for the information, passing it along as well. Hope to have an update here soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Using Fitbit 2.27 (2182990)
I'm on Android 6.01 with the June Security patch
Best Answer

I have the same issue that started on the same day. Worked just fine and then it suddenly stopped syncing my steps. I unlinked my device and now cannot link it back. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 6.0.1. Have the most updated Fitbit app. I've uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, restarted my phone. All the permissions are allowed. The idiot at customer service I talked to claimed that the app was never compatible with Samsung Galaxies. 

Best Answer

Any word on this? I'm getting fat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone tried side loading the previous API yet? Reading how that had been a fix for unrelated issues with nexus...just throwing that out there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

No I have not tried that. But I did not upgrade the app when it stopped working.. One day it worked the next it did not...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I purged all application data, uninstalled 2.27, then loaded the 2.25 apk. The list of trackers still doesn't list my Nexus. This, combined with others that state a sudden removal from the list makes me think it's a server-side issue.
Best Answer
Any updated version??
Best Answer
Same thing happening to me. Previously could use Nexus 6p but no longer see option to add it as mobile track.

App 2.27 (2182990)
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Hey, Is there any update on this problem. It seems to be something outside of what we can do on the app.

It seems to be on the server side not on our side.

Best Answer
Can't add mobile track to my Nexus 5x. Was compatibility for this device removed too? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I only have the option to add a fitbit tracker.
Best Answer

Looks like Mobile Track was removed for Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p. Support just told me to review the compatibility list for more infomation on my Nexus 6p. Mobile Track isn't there. Upon further clarification, they confirmed that MobileTrack support was dropped in favor of MobileRun. I already have a great GPS tracking app and I really just want the fitbit app to compete with my friends who have fitbit trackers. 

Best Answer

I have this same problem. Using Nexus 5x, version 2.27 of the app, but no way to enable MobileTrack.

I notice that when looking at the compatibility page for Nexus 5x (https://www.fitbit.com/devices), MobileTrack is not listed as a feature.

MobileTrack for Nexus 5x just came out last month. Has it already been removed as a feature? Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- Fitbit Update 06/27/16: Several users have reported that if they unpair their Nexus 5X/6P from MobileTrack and try to re-pair MobileTrack they are unable to see the MobileTrack option. This was reported on version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android.

Our team is currently aware of this issue. Once I get an update from our team I will make sure to update everyone here. Thank you for your reports and patience while we get this resolved.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. Also, it seems that you updating your post did not send a notification, if subscribed to this thread. I just happened to log in and saw it. Either way, thanks.

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 06/27/16: Several users have reported that if they unpair their Nexus 5X/6P from MobileTrack and try to re-pair MobileTrack they are unable to see the MobileTrack option. This was reported on version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update...

I also did not get a notification of the new post....

I also installed the latest update which took me to version 2.28. It did not fix the issue.

Maybe after the holiday....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@myriad46 @BradW... Did you get this update via email? If not, I recommend making sure that you don't have the setting in the screenshot turned ON in your community settings page.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.37.06 AM.png

Everyone -- Fitbit Update 06/28/16: After talking to our engineers, it doesn't look like this will be resolved in the new app update version 2.28 as they're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

I will keep you all posted with more information as I find it out. Thanks for your continued patience.

Best Answer