Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 7/15/16: Unable to pair MobileTrack on Nexus 5X/6P since 2.27

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/15/16: Thanks to everyone who downloaded the latest version of the Android app, version 2.29 and also confirmed that MobileTrack is now available to use again on Nexus 5X/6P devices.

I am closing this thread as this issue has been confirmed resolved. If you're still experiencing issues with setting up MobileTrack on a Nexus 5X/6P on Android 2.29 or above, please create a new post and refer to this post as well. Thank you!

Fitbit Update 07/12/16: I have good news to share! We've just released a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29 which has implemented the fix for this issue.

Please make sure to update to the newest version and try to pair MobileTrack again. I would also greatly appreciate if you can confirm if this is working for you. Thank you in advance!

Fitbit Update 06/28/16: Hi everyone, after talking to our engineers it doesn't look like this will be resolved in the new app update version 2.28 as they're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

I will keep you all posted with more information as I find it out. Thanks for your continued patience.

Fitbit Update 06/27/16: Several users have reported that if they unpair their Nexus 5X/6P from MobileTrack and try to re-pair MobileTrack they are unable to see the MobileTrack option. This was reported on version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android.

Our team is currently aware of this issue. Once I get an update from our team I will make sure to update everyone here. Thank you for your reports and patience while we get this resolved.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

@ErickFitbit Hello,

Is there any chance your engineers have suggested a temporary work around??

I have tried re install and clearing the cache and data....

I am loosing all of my challenges and I have a large amount of people talking junk...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BradW... I currently don't have a temporary workaround to give besides adding a Fitbit tracker to your account but I will keep everyone updated here when I hear more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue still exists in app version 2.28 Android version 6.0.1 Nexus 6P
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karthakon Correct. I recommend following my updates here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue here ..  removed mobile track because it wasn't updating, now I can't get it back!

Nexus 5X .. June Android Version (latest), and Latest Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NylonPhish Thanks for your report. Our team is aware of this issue and will be putting a fix for this in an upcoming app release update, but I currently don't have the specific date or app version this will come in. I will let you know here when I find out more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's been a while now any updates on this issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheCloudGuy Hey! The Android Team is currently testing a fix for this which should be coming up in the next app update, unless there are hiccups during testing. Once I can confirm that it will for sure be making it into the next release and have a confirmed date for the release, I will share it with everyone here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 07/12/16: I have good news to share! We've just released a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.29 which has implemented the fix for this issue.

Please make sure to update to the newest version and try to pair MobileTrack again. I would also greatly appreciate if you can confirm if this is working for you. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  I just updated to 2.29, and MobileTrack has returned as an option for my Nexus 6p.  It seems to have added correctly, and is counting steps, despite the warning at the bottom:  "MobileTrack cannot currently be paired with other trackers.  Please remove your MobileTrack pairin..."  Can't read the rest, unfortunately, but glad to have it back!  Thanks again.2016-07-12 23.50.43.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Working for me, too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
App version 2.29 appears to do the trick. Thanks! Nexus 6P
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nexus 6P fixed with 2.29. Much appreciated, and awesome.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update! The MobileTrack option is now resident in version 2.29. However, after updating the app and enabling MobileTrack on my phone, it will no longer sync with the application after about 18 hours... resulting in no additional steps being accounted for. Help?! - David

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NotVery @myriad46 @Karthakon @Alt0134 Thank you for taking the time to confirm that it is indeed resolved with the 2.29 update. I appreciate the feedback!

@WildBillHill I recommend removing MobileTrack from your device and setting it up again, then give it another try. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update solved the problem for me! Thanks to you and developers.

Best Answer

@dhrodriguez Thank you for the update and confirming that it's been resolved.

Fitbit Update 07/15/16: Thanks to everyone who downloaded the latest version of the Android app, version 2.29 and also confirmed that MobileTrack is now available to use again on Nexus 5X/6P devices.

I am closing this thread as this issue has been confirmed resolved. If you're still experiencing issues with setting up MobileTrack on a Nexus 5X/6P on Android 2.29 or above, please create a new post and refer to this post as well. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes