Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

So I got my weekly report from Fitbit.  Yes I responded to that email. Has not worked correctly  since 8-8.   I am sick of this.

Sign me frustrated and ready to move to a different company.

Best Answer
Sorry, but you are not as informed as you think you are. The problem is
intermittent and not only with android.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I added fit bit to my husband's lg, no go.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that it is not just Android, but I can say it is not intermittent.  At least not on mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Android is not working for me at all. iPad on wifi, no phone service
involved, is intermittent.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I added my husband's LG droid . Unsuccessful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unable to synch

Samsung galaxy S5

Verizon

Android 6.0.1

After last update on August 20th

This is unacceptable. I want my money back!

Best Answer

Haven't been able synch since 8/7. This mess up maybe end of company.as many of us abandon Fitbit & buy other products

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? A. 15th of August my Flex stop syncing
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?A. Galaxy S6
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Not sure
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?A. Optus
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just left a 1 star review in goggle playstore for the fit bit app. I
found several critical comments about the fitbit failure to synch. I think
many of us will find another product
Best Answer
I just left a 1 star review in goggle playstore for the fit bit app. I
found several critical comments about the fitbit failure to synch. I think
many of us will find another product
Best Answer

I haven't been able to connect since early august, I was on a vacation then so I don't have the exact date. I have the surge and my S5 operating system is 6.0.1

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  When I switched phones from note 3 to samsung S8 active.  It will connect (I can control the volume of my phone from the fit bit blaze but it will not do notifications on the blaze and sometimes requires I restart my bluetooth.)
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? samsung s8 active
  3. What Android OS are you currently running? Android 7 (Nougat) 
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been 2 weeks now. When is this going to be fixed??

It's very frustrating to be invested in a product/app that is non-functional. 

Best Answer
I have chatted with support several times, at least last night they gave me
a report number
Best Answer
0 Votes

We've been waiting for a solution to this problem now for more than 2 weeks. Can Fitbit support at least tell us when the one person smart enough to fix this will return from vacation? 

This experience, coupled with the news they are discontinuing One, will likely send me to another company. Any recommendations of companies with a clip tracker and decent tech support?

Best Answer

It did not work for me unfortunately.  I've been loyal to Fitbit and even own stock, but am reaching the end of my patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@donnafogle wrote:
I have chatted with support several times, at least last night they gave me
a report number

I've got report number as well from about 2 weeks ago. It doesn't do anything except lead us into thinking that they are personally looking into fixing our issue.

Best Answer
Suggest u rate & comment on goggle playstore for fitbit app. That's what
several people including me have done. The consumer needs to know before
installing on their droid that this app doesn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes
Suggest u rate & comment on goggle playstore for fitbit app. That's what
several people including me have done. The consumer needs to know before
installing on their droid that this app doesn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes