Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284
I have the Fitbit "One" trouble syncing with galaxy s5 over past week. Was able to force sync with restart of one a couple time to PC. Frustrated and have spent hours trying to sync things. My bonehead last thought was to remove and reinstall the device. Now I can't attach my one to my S5, my PC, my galaxy tablet, or my kindle. I even tried to attach an old Fitbit One. No luck! Very frustrating. I had been using the Fitbit One for about 3 years now. I recently got a Garmin because it track more running data that i wanted however I have continued to us my Fitbit because of the friends I have that use it and groups help with accountability. Please get this corrected Fitbit.....
Best Answer

There's supposed to be a full year warranty on these products. How did they convince you that they didn't have to honor the warranty for the Surge if the year hasn't passed yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I can't get it to sync with my laptop and I tried setting it up to my husband's phone and that won't work either. I hope they find a fix for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Garmin too today with all this mess. Already liking it's capabilities better but I get what you mean by all your friends and the challenged at my work. We'll just have to get them on the Garmin bandwagon. Trouble is, most of the JUST bought their fitbits. Wonder if they started having syncing issues over the weekend. They'll be bummed that I won't be there on the work week hustle challenge board but fitbit has become crap as well as their service

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent them snapshots of the time they sent the replacement which was less than a month shy of a year but they sent a link saying their year warranty is only good from the original tracker. Yes, I know that's bs. But if their $200 product barely makes it a year on more than one occasion for not only me but as well as many other customers, their is obviously a product flaw. I'm not paying $200 for something that has a lifespan of a year, if it even lasts that long

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long is it going to take to fix this? I am unable to synch on the computer so I am dead in the water. 

Best Answer

Thanks for responding. And yes I agree 100%. It's simply not with the investment at 25% off to await another failure due to defective material. I'm on my 2nd Surge now. If you saw my earlier post, when I first discovered the band bubbling, I went on the Fitbit store page intending to purchase a replacement band, only to find out that Fitbit had an idiot engineer design the product so the band cannot be easily replaced. And they sent me a whole new Surge. How retarded can you get?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree about not having replacable bands. Their "top" product has no accessories. I was looking into the newer blaze and charge 2 with ability to change the bands but realized the internal gps is what I like about the surge. But didn't want it to break on me again...so, Garmin it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Won't sync to phone or laptop!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clyde, don't know if Lynda responded yet but when I reset my tracker I didn't lose amy steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any post I put up won't help those who are having issues but may help Fitbit fix the issue.

I accidently unpaired my Blaze and that gave me the opportunity to test what some are posting about.  The pairing was successful, still syncs when I open the App and notifications still work.

So all is the same.. No issues.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the eta on an update to fix the synching error in the new app version? It's been 4 days. At the very least it would be nice to roll back to the older working version. 

Best Answer

On 8/13/17 After 6:57pm, my fitbit flex 2 is unable to sync on my mobile app. I tried to reconnect with the computer, which states unable to find the flex 2 tracker. On the mobile application,  when tryi g to sync, it states unable to do d tracker. My last sync was 6:57pm. I have added steps since that time with no new steps added to the dashboard. It would be nice to be able to record the steps taken. It is frustrating to say the least. Thank you.

Best Answer

@Kas1989 Here is a link to many of the Fitbit App releases.. Give 2.54 a go..

@Kas1989 wrote:

What's the eta on an update to fix the synching error in the new app version? It's been 4 days. At the very least it would be nice to roll back to the older working version. 

Moderator edit: removed advertising

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

My flex hasn't synced since Monday 8/7 at 11pm.  The problem appears to be with a recent update. It's now been almost a week. How long should it take to resolve the problem? 

Best Answer

It wouldnt let me unpair my surge from my phone. I'd press unpair and it dI'd nothing. I then bought a new surge and it wouldn't even be recognized by my Samsung or husband's iPhone right out of the box

Best Answer
0 Votes

Flex will not sync with anything!  Received fitbit update and thought that would be a fix. WRONG. Still no luck.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 had refused to sync since June 10th despite doing everything instructed making it just a useless watch. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! Is that for androids or iPhones?
Best Answer

C'mon Fitbit. My Charge 2 is less than a month old and the App was working great until the 8/8 update. Now there is all kinds of glitches within the app, including a crash this morning that logged me out. PLEASE FIX IT, or roll back the update until you get it together. 

Best Answer