Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: App 2.76.1: steps/calories revert to zero, no live HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/24/2018: As we've received multiple confirmations of this issue being resolved with the update to the Fitbit app, version 2.77, I will be closing this thread.

If you come across this issue in a future instance, please create a new topic on the forum and reference this one as the issue. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get you all back on track.

Fitbit Update: 8/23/18

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience. We really appreciate your cooperation while we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. It has been fully released to everyone, so please go to the Google Play Store and download it as soon as you can! 

Many of you that already updated have confirmed you see your real-time heart rate back in the Fitbit app and that your steps/calories are updating. I will leave this thread open in case anyone has any issues, but I hope you are all set after updating. Thanks for all your help! 

Fitbit Update: 8/21/18

Hi, Everybody!

Today, we started releasing the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. Please check the Google Play store on your phone to see if the update is available to you. We roll out Android updates progressively, so if you don't see it available to you right now it will be there soon. 

Fitbit Update 8/16/18: 

Hi everyone - The fix for this issue will be out in our next app release which you can expect within the next 2 weeks.

We will provide an update in this thread once it has been released. Thanks again for all your patience and cooperation. 

Fitbit Update 8/13/18:

We’re aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

In the meantime, please continue to view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com. Thanks for your understanding. 

Fitbit Update 8/11/18Hey, everyone! Thanks for confirming that you are still experiencing this issue even now with the Fitbit app 2.76.1. Rest assured, we have escalated this issue to our team for investigation. 

I'll make sure to provide updates in this thread so please stay tuned. Thanks for your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update 8/9/18: Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue here on the Android forum. I've passed your reports along to our engineering team so they can begin investigating. From what I've gathered, this issue is app specific and not affecting the Fitbit web dashboard (which is correctly showing all activity data as expected). To keep thing organized, I've merged several threads to this one. 

I appreciate your patience and am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. In the meantime, I welcome you to continue sharing your experiences here. In the meantime, you can view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com

When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update the thread with the latest info. Robot Happy

Best Answer
1,505 REPLIES 1,505

Other than adding a new device... Yes, I've done all those, step by step. My issue is not step accuracy, or device accuracy. The phone app is missing data, that's the problem. 

My issue is that I have steps on my device but ZERO in sync on my phone. My phone app shows miles, activity, etc., all synced, but steps? 0

Yesterday, it eventually added steps around 11pm all at once, but nothing since. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @Aerides! So I can move forward with this, can you you please confirm if you've followed the steps I've provided above to perform the restart?

Also, let's try the setup process again to see if that changes something on the step tracking. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes I have done those steps.  Yes I have done the device restart exactly. For the 3rd time. 

I also reinstalled and repaired the app on my phone. 

Now, what do you mean "the setup process" - you want me to setup my device again - take it off my account and start over or something? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @PavanD.

Thanks for bringing this up.

In regards to the minutes awake, our team is aware of this situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we have some updates, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

As for the live HR situation, let's try the following steps:

1. Turn the Live HR off.
  2. Sync your Fitbit
  3. Restart your phone and your Blaze.
  4. Turn the Live HR back on.
  5. Sync once again.

After that it should work. 

Please also keep in mind that there is a chance that it might not be working because the Note 8 is not currently on the supported devices list. This means that the app is not fully optimized to work with that phone. There is a Note 8.0 listed in there but it is referring to a tablet released some years ago.

Even then, a phone has a chance of working as long as it has the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, but we cannot guarantee that it will.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have done all of these things and nothing.  The miles shows up still so I know it's connecting.  When I click on the steps and it goes to the graph, I can click on today's bar and it shows my steps there.  It's on the page with the tiles that basically nothing is showing except my miles, my sleep and my hourly steps goal do show.  For me this happened after I updated my Fitbit app.  I have a samung s8 plus.  Would like to undo the update but don't know how.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @meresydotes.

Thanks for bringing this up!

It could be that the app is having some issues connecting to the servers. In this case I'd recommend that you try to log out of the app and then back in and see if the numbers stay or if they go back to 0. Please keep me posted on how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit That did not help. In addition, it removed my dashboard customization and I needed to set it up again. And the 0 hours awake also persisted longer than it's been since the latest update.

Best Answer

2.76 Download Link Android?

THX

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

Thanks for your effort. But the steps that you suggested did not fix the problem. I followed all of them. I assume LiveHR off/on is the Heart Rate On/Off/Auto under the General settings in the app. It was set to Auto earlier. But I followed your steps to no fruition. Please advise.

Also NOTE 8 is a flagship phone and top-end phone of Samsung. I was flabbergasted to know that fitbit does not officially support it. Wonder when you are going to support it. Please let me know.

Anyways, the live HR was working fine until I updated my app to 2.76 after which it stopped. Even today there was an update and I applied the update to see if there was a fix  but no luck. Right now my app version is 2.76(2213301)

Please advise.

Thanks

Pavan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem,  if I log on at Fitbit.com, it shows my steps and calories but the app does not

Android if it matters.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20180809-112640_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

YES, your screen shot is exactly what my yesterday looked like...

I have found the app I have on my samsung tablet seems to work, but not the app on my phone - android - which is the main sync source and the one I want to work regularly. 

Best Answer

I wonder how long this has been happening,  I don't look at the app that frequently?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for the information provided @Aerides and @Beecoach! Also, thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. 

In order for us to find the root cause of this issue, I'd like you to please do me a favor. Let's try the following steps:

• Double check that your Fitbit app is running version 2.76 (latest version as of today)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If your steps are still missing, try checking/syncing with another platform (as you did @Beecoach). It could be a computer or another compatible device listed here

I'm on iOS and my tracker is syncing just fine, but you both are on Android so let's see if the steps above do the fix. So, I've also moved your post to the Android app board as there are more chances to get related replies here. 

Keep me in the loop!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi,

So today I synced my fitbit charge 2 with the android app and it says steps 0 and calories 0 but is still showing the distance, floors and active minutes.

So far I have done a hard reset with charge 2 and I have uninstalled and re installed fitbit app, which made the steps appear but then disappear again on my dashboard as soon as I synced it again.

It is showing the steps I have done today on the fitbit website dash though.

Please see attached image

Screenshot_20180809-182312_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Followed the above steps, the app gave me a message that I met my step goal for the day, but still 0 steps and calories 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20180809-135102_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I have done the steps as above, also confirming 2.76. 

My other (android) device, a samsung tablet) appears to work fine, but I have turned it off for today as otherwise it's harder to detect if the phone is working or reading the data from the tablet/upload. 

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same behavior as I mentioned in this discussion thread

Question for you meresydotes: is your phone a Google Pixel (any model)?

It seems that the new version of Android 'Pie' aka Android 9 is not playing nice with the fitbit app for Android (yes, the newest version of the fitbit for Android app).

Best Answer

@MisterShark Nexus 6P. I'm still on Android 8.1 (though I imagine an upgrade will be coming soon, as I have Project Fi. Unless Google finally decided to cut my phone from support). And I'm actually having fewer sync issues than I've ever had across years and different Fitbits. Just the weird thing where steps go back down to 0 until after the sync. And sometimes I still see 0 hours awake before it goes to the actual display. And my battery usage never really recovered from the recent fiasco. But, you know, no sync issues.

Best Answer