Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: App 2.76.1: steps/calories revert to zero, no live HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/24/2018: As we've received multiple confirmations of this issue being resolved with the update to the Fitbit app, version 2.77, I will be closing this thread.

If you come across this issue in a future instance, please create a new topic on the forum and reference this one as the issue. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get you all back on track.

Fitbit Update: 8/23/18

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience. We really appreciate your cooperation while we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. It has been fully released to everyone, so please go to the Google Play Store and download it as soon as you can! 

Many of you that already updated have confirmed you see your real-time heart rate back in the Fitbit app and that your steps/calories are updating. I will leave this thread open in case anyone has any issues, but I hope you are all set after updating. Thanks for all your help! 

Fitbit Update: 8/21/18

Hi, Everybody!

Today, we started releasing the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. Please check the Google Play store on your phone to see if the update is available to you. We roll out Android updates progressively, so if you don't see it available to you right now it will be there soon. 

Fitbit Update 8/16/18: 

Hi everyone - The fix for this issue will be out in our next app release which you can expect within the next 2 weeks.

We will provide an update in this thread once it has been released. Thanks again for all your patience and cooperation. 

Fitbit Update 8/13/18:

We’re aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

In the meantime, please continue to view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com. Thanks for your understanding. 

Fitbit Update 8/11/18Hey, everyone! Thanks for confirming that you are still experiencing this issue even now with the Fitbit app 2.76.1. Rest assured, we have escalated this issue to our team for investigation. 

I'll make sure to provide updates in this thread so please stay tuned. Thanks for your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update 8/9/18: Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue here on the Android forum. I've passed your reports along to our engineering team so they can begin investigating. From what I've gathered, this issue is app specific and not affecting the Fitbit web dashboard (which is correctly showing all activity data as expected). To keep thing organized, I've merged several threads to this one. 

I appreciate your patience and am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. In the meantime, I welcome you to continue sharing your experiences here. In the meantime, you can view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com

When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update the thread with the latest info. Robot Happy

Best Answer
1,505 REPLIES 1,505

Welcome to the Forums @Jennyvb

Thanks for bringing this up and for letting me know that you have reinstalled the app. I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on.

Could you take a screen shot and then post it here as a reply? That would let me get a better view of  what you are seeing and determine what is happening.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Hi Lanuzafitbit
Thanks for your reply. The problem I had was on Saturday, but yesterday (sunday) it was all fine!

Thank you anyway - Jenny

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hi there @melissalaninfa,  good to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your steps are not showing in real time on the Fitbit app and thanks a lot for what you've already tried to get this to work.

I'm not aware of any update that has been preventing users from seeing real time data on the Fitbit app, so in order to see live data on your Fitbit app, make sure the connected symbol appears next to your tracker image at the top of the dashboard. Note that when you first open the app, it may take a few moments to connect. When your tracker is connected, take a few steps and watch your step count increase to verify that real-time tracking is enabled. Note that you must keep the screen of your mobile device turned on and the Fitbit app in focus at all times. If you close the Fitbit app or put your device to sleep, you'll need to open the app again to see real-time data.

If you're using an Android device, heart rate information only appears in your live data if you also have call or text notifications enabled on your tracker.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else, I'm always around! 🙂

PS. I'm moving your post to the Android app board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand,

I am very familiar with how to see my steps in real time as I use this feature frequently. It just doesn't work anymore. I sync my steps, it shows as "connected", but the step count does not increase again until I sync again. I'm keeping the display on, not receiving any texts or calls, or opening another app. This is really frustrating...especially since my band also broke a few weeks ago and I just had to replace that as well. I've been a dedicated Fitbit user for over 5 years, but these problems are causing concern for me.

Best Answer

I have fitbit blaze (firmware version 17.8.402.1) . I updated to fitbit android app 2.76.

I have a samsung note 8 device and the android version is 7.1.1

And I have two issues so far.

- Live heart rate missing in the dashboard

- the sleep minutes are 0 now. (0 mins awake)

I restarted the blaze, logged out of my account in the app and logged back in. Made sure the heart rate is set to Auto in my blaze settings. Nothing seems to fix the above issues.

Please advise.

Thanks

Pavan

Best Answer

Hello @Jennyvb

Thanks for letting me know that everything is working correctly now.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. I'm sure that you will find some conversations to participate in.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm still having this problem.  It started with the lastest update, which I installed yesterday afternoon.  After installing, my calories and steps on the dashboard (in the app) show zero.  Today, same thing.  Oddly, by same thing, I mean that the current count on the dash is zero.  It still registered yesterday's activity and shows it in the details.  It also shows today's data in the details and on the web.  It's just the tiles on the dash, in the app that are a problem.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung s9+.   It shows 0 on the dashboard for calories and steps. However, if I click on them, it will show the accurate amount.  My weekly averages still show 0 though.

Best Answer

I tried what you recommended. It flashed the accurate steps on the dash board for about one second and then went back to zero.  

Best Answer

Hi there,

For the past day or so (since 7th Aug), my Android app has been syncing fully with my Alta, yet the dashboard is logging both my steps and calories as zero.  It logs my active mins, sleep, and distance traveled correctly.  Bizarrely, when I log in to the web-based Fitbit Dashboard, it shows the correct data and matches my tracker data, even showing when my last sync was.  

Even more bizarrely, I discovered that when I add a step counter widget to my phone's home screen, it shows the correct step count.

I have tried uninstalling the app, restarting both my phone and Alta, turning Bluetooth on/off, unpairing the device, yet nothing has worked.

At the time of posting, my app was updated 23 hours ago, so I believe it was something to do with the latest update - which is reflected in the most recent reviews left on the app download page for Google Play.

Any advice on the issue would be appreciated.

Best Answer

I also updated yesterday after tracking issues and notice the same issues. My tracker shows 8k steps but no active minutes, but the exercise is logged twice for the same time period. And on the app, the steps are logged but no chart is available and no hourly activity shows since yesterday's update. 

Best Answer

Ever since the 2.76 update, my app shows 0 steps every time I open it. After the sync, it goes to the correct value. But then it goes back to 0, next time I open it, even after the successful sync that day.

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue...the steps aren't showing in the Android app tile, even though the Blaze is connected.  This just started yesterday.  My husband has a Blaze as well, and his info is fine.  I've reset the Blaze, manually synched, reset my Samsung G9...no luck.  Any thoughts?

Best Answer

My charge 2 is suddenly not syncing steps. It's got miles, activity, everything else (matching device), but steps show zero for the day in the app. 

Restarted app, device, phone. Device is fully charged. Help? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

My charge 2 will communicate with my samsung7active but steps will sync then disappear.  Happened yesterday and today.  Help l need records for mt goals

Best Answer

Have synced. Have logged out. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. The steps won't show on the dashboard and when I click on the icon... I get the graph which show 0 and then I have to tap that to see them. Been like this for 2 days

How do I get them to show up again??

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I just had an update for the app today and now I can't see my steps, calories, active minutes or resting heart rate.  I have also tried syncing, uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it to no avail . Anyone know what's going on?

Best Answer
I have the same thing. Hmmm
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Aerides! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 2, nice way to go! 

Can you please double check that you've followed the below steps in order to properly perform a restart on your Charge 2?

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, I'd appreciate if you can take a look a this post and follow step-by-step of what was shared there. Once you've done that, please try this step accuracy test:

1. Put your wrist-based tracker on your wrist or put your clip-on tracker on your hip or torso.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If the issue persists, try setting up your tracker as a new device (the set up procedure shouldn't affect on how the accuracy of your tracker is, but let's see if that does any change):

1. On the Fitbit apps for Android or Windows 10, tap the Account tab. On the Fitbit app for iOS, tap the icon in the top right.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
  4. Do the accuracy test again

Let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Nadinesw and @jsmom96! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go! 

Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

Depending your phone, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer