Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: App 2.76.1: steps/calories revert to zero, no live HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/24/2018: As we've received multiple confirmations of this issue being resolved with the update to the Fitbit app, version 2.77, I will be closing this thread.

If you come across this issue in a future instance, please create a new topic on the forum and reference this one as the issue. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get you all back on track.

Fitbit Update: 8/23/18

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience. We really appreciate your cooperation while we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. It has been fully released to everyone, so please go to the Google Play Store and download it as soon as you can! 

Many of you that already updated have confirmed you see your real-time heart rate back in the Fitbit app and that your steps/calories are updating. I will leave this thread open in case anyone has any issues, but I hope you are all set after updating. Thanks for all your help! 

Fitbit Update: 8/21/18

Hi, Everybody!

Today, we started releasing the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. Please check the Google Play store on your phone to see if the update is available to you. We roll out Android updates progressively, so if you don't see it available to you right now it will be there soon. 

Fitbit Update 8/16/18: 

Hi everyone - The fix for this issue will be out in our next app release which you can expect within the next 2 weeks.

We will provide an update in this thread once it has been released. Thanks again for all your patience and cooperation. 

Fitbit Update 8/13/18:

We’re aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

In the meantime, please continue to view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com. Thanks for your understanding. 

Fitbit Update 8/11/18Hey, everyone! Thanks for confirming that you are still experiencing this issue even now with the Fitbit app 2.76.1. Rest assured, we have escalated this issue to our team for investigation. 

I'll make sure to provide updates in this thread so please stay tuned. Thanks for your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update 8/9/18: Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue here on the Android forum. I've passed your reports along to our engineering team so they can begin investigating. From what I've gathered, this issue is app specific and not affecting the Fitbit web dashboard (which is correctly showing all activity data as expected). To keep thing organized, I've merged several threads to this one. 

I appreciate your patience and am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. In the meantime, I welcome you to continue sharing your experiences here. In the meantime, you can view your current stats on the Fitbit web dashboard by logging into your account at fitbit.com

When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update the thread with the latest info. Robot Happy

Best Answer
1,505 REPLIES 1,505
How do I update? It does not offer that option in the play store.
Best Answer

It's not available to me on my galaxy tablet or my phone...This is getting very old!

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit, as this is so far NOT available to me can you tell me if this also resolves the inability to synch that many people,including my husband, have had since your last calamitous update ?

Best Answer

I opened and closed the play store app several times, fully closing it every time. The update is now available to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was up in google play store. I've updated to 2.77. My fingers are crossed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated to version 2.77 on my pixel 2

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated and it's back to full working order! Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

Best Answer

I just got the update! All fixed! Yeah! There is a God!!!
@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience. We really appreciate your cooperation while we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. It has been fully released to everyone, so please go to the Google Play Store and download it as soon as you can! 

Many of you that already updated have confirmed you see your real-time heart rate back in the Fitbit app and that your steps/calories are updating. I will leave this thread open in case anyone has any issues, but I hope you are all set after updating. Thanks for all your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard wrote:

They announced that version 2.77 started to be rolled out on the 21st.

Is it available for anyone here yet? Not for me. And today is the evening of the 23rd.

If you have it, is it working?

Hello Ellie I have good news it just a few min ago became available and I installed and tested it is live the way it was in the past and always should have been.

I am pleased for the sake of the many people that were effected by this fiasco I called the phone support line complaining that the live updates were no longer working. The tier 1 support told me I was wrong the device and app NEVER updates live that it took 5 to 10 min to refresh they kept in that mode for almost 30 min telling me "Lets check the blue tooth connection ... it would update when manual request from the app to update that showed the connection was present ... again I was told that it never was designed to update live .... I asked for a supervisor and he began the conversation with the same information he said "The device and app were never designed to live update" and I was wrong in thinking it would ... I asked if there was his supervisor of a manager available and he connected us together ..... FINALLY I got someone who knew and began the process to communicate with the developers to correct the issue ... This experience told me that Fitbit was not the company I thought it was and took it to this forum .... and for the last 10 days these forums have been flooded with message after message complaining of the same issue and stating that telephone support said it was an issue other that a BAD UPDATE that was pushed through to the public after it FAILED BETA TESTING!!!!

The companies focus is canted to produce more and more new devices and I am sure that makes many corporate officers take home a FAT pay-check. The company needs more research and development and less push toward flooding the market with faulty devices!  The corporate offices had a voice mail when I called on the 10th to talk to a corporate escalations department and I received a voice mail response THE MAIL BOX IS FULL .... today I placed a test call to Garmin Corporation and A REAL PERSON ANSWERED THE PHONE!!!!! 

You folks can make up your own minds do what you wish ... but Fitbit has lost any confidence I had and I was considering updating to a more complex model .... well I did update my Garmin arrives tomorrow!

May God Bless you all and I Pray that the corporate office takes note of this situation and do not repeat the as their normal cover-up.

Sorry Ellie if you felt I was dumping one you ... not the case .. take care 🙂

Hal

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience. We really appreciate your cooperation while we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.77. It has been fully released to everyone, so please go to the Google Play Store and download it as soon as you can! 

Many of you that already updated have confirmed you see your real-time heart rate back in the Fitbit app and that your steps/calories are updating. I will leave this thread open in case anyone has any issues, but I hope you are all set after updating. Thanks for all your help! 

Please read my post Message 1488  this situation should never have happened!!!

Hal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  The update was available at the Playstore for my device and my Versa is working very well once again with my Samsung Galaxy S9. 

Best Answer

Thanks Half and everyone who kept on trying to get this issue fixed.

Mine is now updated and working (so far) as expected. Haven't been for a walk or anything but I presume nothing was broken in this update!

Sorry you're off Hal but I completely understand. 

All the best. 

Best Answer

5 am on the 24th and the update is finally available.

I would still like to know if those of you who also became unable to synch with the last update are now able to.

It's just that so many people seemed to be affected to different degrees I want to know if it cured everything or just the steps/heart rate display problem. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still cannot sync. Still frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear fitbit team,

I just downloaded the new version of the app, but it still doesn't work.

When I click on a food item, it says "fitbit was ended" (in German: Fitbit wurde beendet). This is really very annoying as I use it mostly for controlling calories.

Heartrate doesn't work either.

I already emptied the cache of the app and restarted the mobile phone, but this didn't help.

So please let me know how this can be solved!

Kind regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine also still not working.... Soooo frustrated
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those considering Garmin - I have read the forums and they were also having issues with some of their devices dying and/or screen going dark in 6 months or less. Hope it works well for you. My Fitbit has worked well for me and our family of 4. Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I demoed a garmin and the active minutes feature is problematic. If
tracking active minutes is important Google to see if they have fixed it.
When I demoed it seemed that even with providing max heart rate info the
zones used to determine active minutes were still based on the zones of
like an 18 year old...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard wrote:

Thanks Half and everyone who kept on trying to get this issue fixed.

Mine is now updated and working (so far) as expected. Haven't been for a walk or anything but I presume nothing was broken in this update!

Sorry you're off Hal but I completely understand. 

All the best. 

Hi Ellie

This whole error could have been avoided, I am sure that many in this community are shaken. I prey that the support staff will take into account the mess over the past 15 days and realize

Best Answer
0 Votes