Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Can't see calendar notifications for Alta - 04/25/2016

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/25/2016: Everyone -- As this issue seems to be resolved, I will be locking this thread from further discussion.

If this issue pops up again please try the troubleshooting step of unpairing your Alta from your account and then setting it up again. If that doesn't work, please create a new post for the new instance and reference this thread.

Again, thank you to everyone who reported this issue and helped get this resolved!

Fitbit Update 04/22/2016: This issue should now be fixed! 

Unpair your Alta from your account and then set it up again; you should now be able to view and complete set up of your calendar notifications.

Thanks for reporting this and helping us get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Fitbit Update 04/19/2016: Some users are reporting that they are unable to see the calendar notifications option when trying to set it up with their Alta tracker.

medium (1).png

Our Android team is currently aware and looking into this issue. We should have a fix rolling out in an app update sometime in the near future. I will make sure to update you all once I get an update to share.

Thanks to @sm84 for first reporting this! 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I'm sure my Galaxy s6 is compatible with calendar alerting, but I cannot see Calendar Notification settings anywhere on the app. Call and Text notification work fine. See the attached. How do I set up calendar notifciations? Please help, this is the main reason I got Alta!

Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-40-01.pngScreenshot_2016-04-12-22-40-16.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sm84 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! What OS do you have? If you have OS 5.0 or later, you may need to configure the default text messaging and calendar apps by tapping Settings > More > Default Calendar app. 

Let me know if you are using that OS 5.0! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Android 5.1.1

Where is this Settings>More>...? Do you mean on the app? On the app, I don't see 'More' on 'Settings'. Please see the attached. There is no 'More' option there. 

And if you mean the Samsung Galaxy S6 itself, still I don't see 'More' on 'Setting'... Please advise. Thanks!

Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-40-16.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sm84 I'm already helping you in this thread.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and going through the notifications setup again. Let me know if that helps. "  I still can't see Calendar Notification Settings. Just Text and Call. 

It did not help, Erick. I called Fitbit too. It's been 2 days now and no one is helping me with this. 

What is the solution? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit

And when I reinstalled he app, it says 'Alta can show call and text messages..."...nothing about Calendar...Also, the firmware version is 21.21.35.8...please see the attached photos...It seems like calendar notifications is not even programmed for this version. I tried everything. I really don't think the issue is related to my phone. 

Screenshot_2016-04-14-11-24-18.pngScreenshot_2016-04-14-11-26-12.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit

Erick, my phone is Samsung S6. So, I tried the device with a friend's iPhone and all 3 notifications work. But back on my Galaxy S6, it's still Call and Text only. I tried Samsung's default Calendar S Planner and Google Calendar both. Still no reminders. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my LG G3 (Android 5.0, Alta firmware: 21.21.35.8)

I can only configure call and text notification.

I use LG calendar app and google calendar app. Restarting phone, uninstall fitbit app or readding device does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LG G3 and Fitbit Blaze: all 3 notifications (call, text AND calendar) in fitbit app are visible.

LG G3 and Fitbit Alta: only 2 notifications (call and text) in fitbit app are visible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this exact same issue with my Alta and my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. On your website it says calendar alerts are compatible with my phone but this still isn't working. My screen looks exactly like the screenshots below. I've removed my Fitbit and reinstalled. I've removed my app and reinstalled.Screenshot_2016-04-17-09-11-58.png I've talked to customer service as well. This is becoming very frustrating.

Best Answer

It won't matter how you set the notifications in the Fitbit app, if the calendar settings are wrong.

Open up the calendar app, then go to its settings, change notification to popup.

Screenshot_2016-04-17-10-54-31.png

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue

As you can see on the attached shots, both S planner and Google Calendar notifications are on on my Galaxy S6. I'm 100% sure that it's about the app, not my calendar, as I get notifications regaularly on my cell. 

to be honest, I think Alta was not ready for market introduction, at least not for Andriod. Now they are many frustrated buyers. I had a Flex and was pretty happy with it and the main reason I got Alta was notifications, specially Calendar, as I use it a lot. I was notified by Fitbit that they are working on a new firmware or something, but if the issue remains, I have to return the product. 

Screenshot_2016-04-17-11-19-56.png      Screenshot_2016-04-17-11-19-44.png

Best Answer

My last post was based on reading the thread and noticing that all the suggestions had to do with the Fitbit App, and the notifications under the phone settings. Nobody had suggested looking into the calendar app, or even mentioned which one of the 20+ calendar apps available that was being used.

I assumed it was the default calender that has 3 settings, just displaying notifacation on the  Notification bar is not enough, I need to be able to see then as a popup on my lock screen.

Also check through the phone -settings - device - sounds and notifications -  while locked -show all.

2016-04-17_11.38.50.jpg

Best Answer
Hi @Rich_Laue

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm definitely willing to trying anything, but the problem is that even if we change the settings in our phone's calendar app, we are still unable to turn on calendar notifications on our Fitbit because the option is simply missing from the Fitbit app. There is definitely something going on with this specific Fitbit and Android compatibility.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

Thanks for the input. 

But:

I don't have 'while locked' on my settings on S6. Attached. I assume 'Notifications on lock screen' is the same concept and is set to 'show content'. All notifications are ON. Also, G. Calendar and S Planner notifications are ON and set as priority on my cell. I do receive text and call notification, not calendar. 

Screenshot_2016-04-17-12-01-12.png         Screenshot_2016-04-17-12-01-58.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 and for some reason I am not seeing the option to set up calendar notifications at all. Which, (which according to the compatibility list) it should be able to do.

I have tried S Planner and googles stock Calendar app, but theres just no option in my fitbit settings!

Any help would be much appreciated as i cant find a definitive answer on the forums, is there a setting I am missing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going off what I have on the Blaze, I'd assume the Alta would be the same. In the app, I click on the tracker, under General, tap "call and text notifications,"  and scroll down to calendar notifications. Click on that and it will allow you turn them off and on.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, I do get the text/call notifications, as I see those as available options to enable. There is simply no option for calendar notifications and I was really looking forward to that feature. The text/call notifications have been great. This is a screenshot of my options. Using Samsung Note 4 and latest Fitbit app available.Screenshot_2016-04-15-16-23-10.png

Best Answer

@MakMak, unforunately my phone is exactly like @hanamai's screenshot, I'm just not seeing the option.

Also, @hanamai are you able to change your watchface from the Android app?

Best Answer
0 Votes