Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: App is very slow when logging food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was also having this problem on Samsung Galaxy S7, Fitbit v2.55.  I could not find the menu button as described in MarcoGFitbit's post, but a reboot of the phone seemed to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Yes, a phone reboot seems to help, but if I have to reboot my phone every day, what is the point? Force closing may help also, but that to me is just proof of a poorly coded app and is a disincentive to use it. And obviously I tried those first before posting here. Wifi signal is fine, although I am not always on wifi and have noticed the problem both on and off wifi. Personally I think part of the problem is the overloaded database with redundant and bogus data. Way too many entries for the same item, and as an example I scanned a barcode on Thomas English Muffins and it comes up with Crooks and Nannies in the description instead of Nooks and Crannies. Really? That is the description on the official product entry for that barcode? Humorous, but hardly professional or helpful. They really need to do some database cleanup. I bet there are, on average, a handful or more of duplicate entries for every packaged item, even when it is the same variety/flavor and package size. And if I don't pick the same one each time, then I feel like that is going to clutter up my personal history record with unnecessary duplicates.

Sorry for the rant.

It does seem to be a bit better lately, not sure if there was an update to address this or not, but it has been better for a while without rebooting the phone every day. Glad you are having luck with it!

Best Answer