Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent foods list on the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my recent foods list   there are foods on there for many months. The list is quite long. I've tried to shorten list and there is no way to do do. Anyone else have this problem?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@purplevkm Thanks for your input and advice. @Lindavio Thanks for the reply. I am glad to read that it is working now. 

I tried it and it wokred for me too. This will also help other users. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Yes, this seems to be a bug that was introduced months ago, but they've seemingly done nothing about it. There doesn't seem to be an rhyme or reason to the order of recent foods, and I'll have weird bugs like foods that I entered but later deleted getting "stuck" at the top of my Recent list permanently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@embiggenator Thanks for you own experience with the list of recent foods on the app. 

@Lindavio Nice to see you in the forums again. Thanks for reaching out about the recent foods list.

Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Open the Google Play Store and look for the Fitbit app. If there is an update, please proceed with it and then check the list again.

I can confirm. My list shows different options that I have not used in a while. I no longer track my food as I did before, but the same meals from months back are still showing in that list. I will try this as well. However, it seems to be a general issue. Would you be so kind to share the version of the app that you have installed on your Android device? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Makes me want to find a different food app. Please fix it.

Best Answer

My fitbit is up to date. Still having the problem, and I see I'm not the only one. It seems whenever there is a problem,  moderators always say UPDATE , makes me laugh. It's the program that's the problem. I'm always getting notices to upgrade to Premiums, why would I pay for an App that doesn't work.

Best Answer
I had the most recent update. So I uninstalled fitbit and the reinstalled
it. Fixed the problem with the food lists.
Best Answer

Did you lose any of your steps, daily challenges,  miles, calories etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't lose anything except the too long list of (recent) foods. Which I
want do.
Best Answer

Thank you. 

It worked,  let's see what happens. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked,  let's see what happens. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome!
Best Answer

@purplevkm Thanks for your input and advice. @Lindavio Thanks for the reply. I am glad to read that it is working now. 

I tried it and it wokred for me too. This will also help other users. 

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I don't think this is fixed, it's just cleared the items that were previously stuck at the top. I can still get items stuck at the top of the list by logging them then deleting them. I currently have 2 foods stuck at the top of my Recent list which aren't actually logged in my food history.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.

So I uninstalled fitbit and the reinstalled but the issue is still there and it's affecting both Recent and Frequent tabs.

Best Answer

I have Premium and I have the same problem. It's just the app on my Samsung Galaxy S22 where the recent food list gets "clogged" with things that I haven't eaten in a year, the recent food list online is correct. Uninstalling the app and then restarting the phone fixed the problem for now and it now agrees to my online account. Clearing the cache on my phone first (and restarting the phone) did nothing for me.

Best Answer

Hi Lindavio - Uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it clears out the data in your phone only. When you reinstall the app on your phone and login again, it syncs to your online account and brings all of the up-to-date data back down to your phone. I would check your recent foods list online first and see if that is correct and that only your phone data is corrupted.

Best Answer
0 Votes