Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating notifications - How to set for non-health items?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What android task app does anyone use if you want to have your fitbit remind you to do something every 45 mins, etc.  I thought it would be as easy as downloading an Android Todo app, but the apps usually notify only on the phone, and doesn't alert the Fitibit (yes I've check notiifcations for the app is seleted in the fitbit app).  
Not sure why todo app notifications are different than say messages/discord alerts.

Any success in setting this up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @stubee - Have a look at Macrodroid. If you use phone Alarms or Timers apps they might not raise notifications so the Fitbit app can't alert you on the watch, but Macrodroid can detect if an app opens and send a notification to the status bar and then the Fitbit App will alert you on the watch, if it's all set up right.

If you have a smart watch such as a Sense, Versa 3 or before you may find clocks or apps that can do this on the watch itself. The clock face SimpleClockPro has a builtin timer for drinks of 45 minutes which could be used or its addon Simple4Timer app which has a repeat timer.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Great suggestion, but for me the accessibility feature that is required by Macrodroid to see an open app is blocked (due to it also accessing company data).  Also this solution would require two apps to always be running somewhat..the app to trigger the notification and the one to send the push notification.

(PS  I couldn't see in macrodroid which feature would send a push notification...as statusbar notifications alone I don't think trigger fitbit...do they?  Otherwise I could just cut-out the macrodroid and have fitbit respond to the original alarming app).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stubee - try a simple macro

Trigger: phone battery falls below "30%"

Action : display notification "charge phone"

You will get a phone notification.

In the Fitbit App, click profile photo and device photo and notifications and App notifications and allow Macrodroid.

Not all phone apps make notifications, they may just openon the display instead.

Best Answer

Now I'm testing "To Do Reminder with Alarm" from the play store.  It lets me set a reminder text and repeat interval.  And the notification does go to the fitbit.  
I'll see if it meets my needs, but at least I know there are apps out there that work for repeat reminders.

Best Answer

@stubee - you can perhaps do this in Macrodroid too, though haven't tried.

Trigger: Stopwatch value > n minutes 

Action : reset & restart stopwatch

However depending on a phone can be unreliable in the case the watch isn't syncing at the desired time, so it is best to do it on the watch.

Best Answer