Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Charge 2 won't Setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So 2 parallel cracks appeared on the screen of my Fitbit Charge 2.  Fitbit have replaced it, it arrived today and i have tried to set it up and 'pair it' all afternoon logging in using my existing account - once i enter the 4 digit code it just says connecting and then nothing happens just ends up saying re-try. I have tried everything -  deleted my old device, re-installing app and nothing happens. Could it be that the pebble isn't charging so that's why it won't connect?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Paulajl.

Thanks for letting us know everything that you have already tried. Glad to read that you got a replacement!

It is very possible that your phone Bluetooth paired with your previous phone and that is causing your new one to not work, more than anything with the battery. Let's check on that, go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and look for your any Fitbit devices that might show up. Remove all of them from that list and then run the setup again, that should resolve the situation and get your replacement to sync.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 & received a replacement Charge 2 that won't set up or pair. I had made several calls to Fitbit and tried everything I could think of to get it to pair. I called Fitbit again today and was told that the newer firmware on the replacement Charge 2's is incompatible with some of the older Samsung phones. Their engineers are working on an update for the app to resolve this. No ETA, but at least I know why the replacement wouldn't pair with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Smitty1950.

Thanks for sharing those details with us. Hopefully there will be some updates soon. 

If there is anything I can help out with, be sure to let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza. It would be great if all of us affected by the firmware/app issue were notified via email when the app update is expected and when it is available.  Can this be done so we at least have an idea of when we'll be able to use our Charge 2? And wouldn't it have been better to be sure of compatibility before changing the firmware ?

Best Answer

Hello @Smitty1950.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Unfortunately at this time we do not have such a process but you can keep an eye on this thread that talks about the latest version of the app.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is still no updated fitbit app to fix the compatibility issue. I just called. The supervisor I spoke to knows,about the problem but doesn't have any idea when it will be fixed. Fitbit has no sense of ugency about this problem. Based on my experience, I'm afraid I can no longer recommend fitbit.

Best Answer