Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting bpm and weight loss not showing on dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My resting bpm and weight loss is not showing up on my phone in the dashboard.

There are syncing.

It does show up on my dashboard on my computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @fixit7.

Thanks for bringing this up and letting me know that it shows up in the web Dashboard. 

My suggestion in this case would be to try to log out of your account and then log back in. That will force the Dashboard to reload all data and thus display it correctly. 

If that doesn't work, please take a screenshot of how it is showing on your app and then post it here.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I logged out and back in.

No change.

Screenshot_2019-03-12-09-54-18.png

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fixit7.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing that screenshot.

In this case let's try clearing the app's cache and see if that helps. You can do so by following these steps:

1. Go into the phone's settings.
  2. There go into the Application settings.
  3. Look for and tap on the Fitbit app.
  4. Select the option to clear the cache.
  5. Restart your phone.

After that the app should display the correct information.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

For an android phone

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu. This can be done by tapping the cog icon in your notification shade.

Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.

Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available (pictured above).

Weight loss shows, but not resting bpm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fixit7,  I know this sounds weird but if you go to where you set up to receive text and call notifications and turn one of them off and on again then go back to the dashboard it may unblock it.  I sometimes find that the resting bpm doesn't show and my notifications are set to off but I turn calls on and off again when I go to the dashboard and it synchs again, bingo, there it is. No idea why, but give it a whirl. Let me know if it works for you too. 

Also when they say restart your phone actually turn it off. Then give it a minute or two before turning it back on. I don't think the restart on the phone goes far enough on some occasions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilbiddy wrote:

Hi @fixit7,  I know this sounds weird but if you go to where you set up to receive text and call notifications and turn one of them off and on again then go back to the dashboard it may unblock it. 

I do not understand this statement. Is that a phone setting or something on my dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fixit7  on the dashboard of the app on your phone at the top right is an image of your fitbit. Select that and then scroll down to where it says notifications and select that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lilbiddy. It did not help. I learned a lot. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fixit7, sorry that didn't work for you, I did say it was weird. Perhaps it's just my phone. When you are wearing your fitbit does your live heart rate show in the app? Does the heart symbol "beat" and current bpm show below it? I only ask as neither current nor resting rates showed in your screenshot to @LanuzaFitbit. Have fun delving around in all the options. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lilbiddy and @fixit7.

@Lilbiddy Thanks for being around to help!

@fixit7 I'd like to ask if the situation has continued to happen since then or if it gone back to working correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weight loss shows but not resting bpm.

No big deal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fixit7.

Thanks for letting me know that it is not a big deal at the moment.

Could you confirm what version of the app are you currently running? I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit version 2.88

Best Answer
0 Votes