Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic/Versa - App crash when changing workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I try to edit the name of a workout my app fatally crashes

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

A very warm welcome to the Forums @DanK.!

That is very odd.

I'd like to take a closer look into the situation. Are you getting any sort of error message? Have you tried uninstalling the app and then installing it once again? It is possible that it could help.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with a Samsung S7. I've tried uinstalling and reinstalling. Still crashes when I try to edit a workout. Very frustrating. I'm now finding myself trawling this website for a solution.

I'm new to fitbit and it doesn't record my T25 workouts anywhere near accurately so I need to be able to edit!

Could I be added to your list for a response about this please!

Kim

Best Answer
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I actually just
switched from a s7 to this s8 and the problem occurred on both devices. The
only error message that appears is that 'fitbit keeps stopping' then gives
the option to send an error report (which I have sent) or to just close
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kimberleyp and @DanK..

Thanks for reaching out. Our team is now aware of the situation. Whenever we get any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

Thanks for your patience. Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too am having the same issue.  I have been working with a few people from support.

ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1Crp7k:ref

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's not the ideal fix and if they can identify the bad record that's great, but I found if I delete the last few weeks worth of activities (back to around the time it worked last) I was able to start editing the name of a workout activity again.

HtH.

Best Answer

A very warm welcome to the Forums @millsks

Thanks for letting me know and giving your input on the matter. There haven't been any recent updates on the matter but as soon as there are, I'll let you know.

If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue which only started when I upgraded from the fitbit blaze to the ionic.

It is very frustrating as I do several types of workout and want to be able to distinguish them but the app crashes each time I try to edit the type of workout.

Best Answer

I can't believe Fitbit has not addressed this problem! It's a rubbish fault, stopping us from getting full use of our fitbits!

Fitbit, do you have anything to say??!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This needs fixing!! I can't get proper use of my fitbit and it's not acceptable.

Best Answer

I also have an ionic. That's probably good info for them to fix this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DanK.@Kimberleyp and @Lilly_CM.

I take it you all have an Ionic, is that right? As I said before, our team is aware of the  situation and we haven't received any news but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open on the matter.

In the meantime, perhaps you could try to change the name through the web version of the Dashboard

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also experiences the same... when I upgraded my Charge 2 to the Ionic, it stopped letting me update my workouts in the app. I will try online and hope that work until this is fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Imchele.

Thanks for letting me know that you are experiencing this situation as well. Whenever we receive any updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know! For the time being, the website will be the best way. Just like you said.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem for a long time. Something 6 months or longer. Sometimes i get the same messages as others, and other times, like today, it just takes me right out of the app. It crashes intermittently when I try changing the name of my workout. This has happened on 2 different androids phones. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No help. I have to go on line to edit. It's a big pain in the butt.

When will it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I found it wasn't app related, but data related. There is a
record/character in your profile that might not agree when it tries to load
it into the app. That was my problem anyways. Maybe support can help you
to pinpoint it?
Best Answer

Hello @millsks and @Snooker-Lady007.

@millsks That sounds interesting. Could you go a bit more in depth into it? I'd like to know more.

@Snooker-Lady007 There haven't been any updates on the matter but I'm keeping my eyes open. If I get something I'll let you know.

Let me know if you have any further questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In reply: I called support who did walk through It, then they walked me through updating on-line when I can't make the change using the app. It's painful as the app crashes more often than works for this simple feature of editing a workout. Hence the reason I'm hoping to hear a cure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem has existed for a long time now. Still absolutely nothing has been done to fix it.

Best Answer