Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Fitbit Battery Drain and CPU Overload

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S8 with a Fitbit Versa. 

I keep getting errors from Device Maintenance stating the Fitbit App is overloading CPU and must be closed. 

My battery is also getting drained like hell but I suppose that comes with overloading the CPU. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Within the last couple of days I've experienced battery drainage. I learned that my Fitbit app  has been drainage a large percentage of my battery. I'm glad I found this forum. It helps to know this is current and not an isolated problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting the message about CPU and my battery doesn't even last 5 hours. I contacted Fitbit and their only solutions were to shut all day sync off and randomly turn bluetooth on and off to still be able to receive notifications. What's the point of the watch if I can't use it with my phone (Samsung Galaxy 8+)? I hope they fix this somehow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They had an update. Check your updates on your phone. It worked. My battery
on my phone is back to normal.

Good luck!

J
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today the Fitbit app used 29% of my battery and the phone is red hot.
Continual synching and notifications are turned off.

So the only other remedy is not to have the Fitbit connect with the phone, not to use connected GPS, which basically makes the Fitbit totally useless.
This is just one of a series of issues I have had and I only bought the Fitbit 2 months ago.
Please do not tell me to keep installing and reinstalling. That is not a solution. I have not got the time to waste on doing that several times a day.
DO SOMETHING!!!

Best Answer

An two years later- July 2020 - same issue still exists.  Google Play has kept me updated to the latest version but still getting CPU overload warnings on my Samsung S9+.  I'll try completely uninstalling, restarting phone, reinstalling but this is an old, recurring problem that reflects poorly on Fitbit.

Best Answer