Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

A very warm welcome to the Forums @sparky_17.

There hasn't been anything official, having said that some users have mentioned that a recent S8 update resolved the issue for them. If you had the chance to test it before actually doing the purchase, I would definitely think it is the best option.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TonySoldani, thanks for the update.

I will be sure to pass your findings on to the team. If there is something specific that you were told or would like to mentioned please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,
I have got the notifications working on my Samsung S8 Active.  I cannot control audio from my FitBit Blaze.  What I did to get it working was the following.  I went into the settings on the Blaze, turned on the Bluetooth Classic and connected the Blaze.  I turned the Bluetooth Classic back off.  I went into the FitBit app and tapped on my Blaze at the top.  I switched the "All-Day Sync" to OFF.  At the very bottom of that same screen the "Always Connected" was switched ON as well, I switched that to OFF.  Since I've done those things, I can now receive any and all notifications on my Blaze.

Best Answer

Hey @JBlack02187! Thanks for sharing your insight on the matter.

Glad to know what worked for you. It is possible that you got the notifications to work but that caused the audio control to not work properly. I'll be passing this on to the rest of the team. Hopefully other users having the same issue will locate try what worked for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

Pretty disappointed with my swap to Android to realise that my FitBit Charge HR is not working as it should.

My problem is that the FitBit will not receive notifications in a timely manner (eg. it will buzz 2-3 mins after a call or test notification is received) or possibly not at all.

My phone is a Samsung S8 SM-G950F running stock rom Android 7.0 no modifications.

I have done the following;

• Reinstalled FitBit app
  • Set all day sync on
  • Set always connected on
  • Set the notification widget on
  • Ensured fitbit notification service is enabled
  • Ensured that no battery power saving mode or app restriction is running
  • Ensured no DND mode is running
  • Power cycled phone
  • Disabled/re-enabled bluetooth
  • Removed FitBit from my account and re-added it
  • Factory reset the FitBit using the USB cable and 'ERROR/ERASE' menu
  • Factory Reset the phone

I'm at my wits end with this stupid device and my android experience of fitbit is definitely less than fantastic.

Any help from anyone?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so unreal. I have worked In the cellular industry for 20+ years. If fitbit is no longer going to support the Blaze because the Iconic is out, just say so. Alot of people cant just dump $300 into the new one. 

Best Answer

Hello @Kalatia, let me start by telling how awesome is to have you here in the Fitbit Community as a new member. I definitely can understand your disappointment regarding this issues with the notifications. Certainly you have try several solutions on your own to fix this.

I would like you to review the following post for these type of issues with notifications: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Also I would like to recommend an update we release a while ago that is related to this issue. Is possible this provide you more details if the issue persists: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

See you around and have a good one!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rob,

• Determine whether other Bluetooth devices connected to your mobile device are causing interference and preventing notifications from appearing on your tracker. For more information, see The Fitbit app for Android is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.
    • As the FitBit app controls the bluetooth of the FitBit I cannot verify connection. On my iPhone you can see the device stored and saved. With Android I can't see it in my bluetooth device list. Why doesn't the fitbit directly pair with androids via bluetooth settings?

All other solutions in the  My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).have been followed with no solution working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't ask me how but as of about an hour ago I started recieving notifications. All of a sudden I am now connected to my blaze. Problem resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It makes me very nervous that this post was done almost a month and a half ago and it' still not fixed. Would have never made my black Friday purchase of a blaze had I known this. Super lame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed as of today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I brought the Blaze today after getting it for  my birthday last month and returning it because it would not get notification today I brought it and spoke with the Samsung representative who was shorted me it was not a Samsung issue she had one on and had it linked to her Samsung 8 plus and it was receiving notification so it has to be the Fitbit Blaze. She said she had to sync her several times and after 3 days it begin receiving notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried doing steps I have seen in posts here to get my fitbit blaze to be able to receive notifications from my Samsung S8 Active.  Everything I have tried has not worked despite others here saying it has for them.  I see  the list of compatible devices still does not show the active in the list as of yet.  I am beginning to think I should return this and go with a Samsung watch instead seeing that this has been a blaze problem for some time.  I had the charge 2 before this one but like the bigger face of this one more.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit team....has this been resolved.  I just purchased my Blaze yesterday.  I’m playing catch up on the functionality issues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TonySoldani@Vancy17 and @PrincessC.

@Vancy17 and @PrincessC Could you confirm if the issue has persisted for you? Some users have been reporting that the notifications are working now, just like @TonySoldani mentioned.

Please let me know about this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not part of the fitbit team but I am still having issues. I contacted Samsung and they say s8 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology and if it is related to a software issue with Samsung they positive a team is working on it and will have a fix in the coming days (received this response on 11/16) and then they go on to say to reach out to fitbit. So basically no one is working on this issue and a lot of us just wasted the money!

Best Answer

I am still not receiving notifications on my blaze from my Samsung s8 and its been several months this has been going on. I contacted Samsung and all I got was the s8 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology and if it is an issue with Samsung a team is working on it and will have a fix in the "coming days" (I received this response on 11/16 - so clearly there is not a fix from Samsung). Samsung also stated to reach out to fitbit for a fix. Is anyone from fitbit actually looking at these threads?? Because the only way to contact them besides calling is through twitter which I don't have. I am beginning to doubt there will ever be a fix since this has been going on for several months for many people! Fitbit should offer refunds on those that do not work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  Total waste. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Firefighter246.

As mentioned before, the issue stems from the S8 themselves. At this moment we do not have any news on the matter. Like you mentioned, some other users have mentioned that their trackers are working. Whenever we do have any updates, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know it is a problem Samsung has to fix as well. Just hope it is not long
before then do.
Best Answer
0 Votes