Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Still can't get notifications in the versa from the S9

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good evening,  my Samsung S9+ is syncing fine.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

It can sync fine but can't receive text or call notifications for the Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for my new S9.  I had Bluetooth turned on my old iphone 6 and once I turned the Bluetooth off, the S9 connected right away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and welcome aboard for the new faces in the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry that I been unable to post any news regarding the Galaxy S9 and S9+.

In my previous response, I mentioned that in these scenarios, it might present some odd behaviors if the phone hasn't been confirmed as compatible. In the past, almost all Galaxy models has been able to support the Fitbit features. So it wouldn't be strange the new phone make it to our Compatible List. But I cannot confirm or deny this at the moment, since this information is not yet at my disposition as I do not have a timeframe of how long it's going to take.

I have mentioned this already but if there are issues with syncing, it wouldn't hurt to try these suggestions: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

For notifications, make sure this is not related to Message+, as we have found issues with this notifications. For more details refer to this post. If this is not the case, feel free to review this post: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

See you around and as always, I'll be visiting this thread when I got more details.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?  I'm very nervous to purchase one b/c since I bought my S9 my Alta does not work correctly.  I don't get my text/call notifications all the time.  I really like the Versa and have yet to find another smart watch out there that I like the way it looks and is compatible with my S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How were you able to get your Versa to receive texts.  So far, despite all the trouble shooting, everyone I know has had issues with that (and yes I followed all of the tips, LOL).  Considering taking the Versa back if I can't get this fixed.  TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to download an app from the play store called fit notifications, followed that apps setup wizard and then my notifications started working.

Best Answer
I decided to finally take a chance and get the Galaxy 9. I turned off Bluetooth on my old phone as well as uninstalled the Fitbit app. I reinstalled it on my new phone and had no problem syncing it at all. I don't know if the notifications part works since I don't really use it much but I bet it does. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hey everyone, hope you are doing fine.

Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices.

The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found here. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models.

A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. You can always try the correct troubleshoot for the issues you might be experiencing with the Fitbit app.

If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm still wondering if anyone has been able to sync who has never had a Fitbit.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can i sync my charge 2 to my samsung galaxy 9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze and samsung 9 use to sync perfectly but not anymore. I can get the blaze to sync via bluetooth with computer but not my phone, and my phone will sync via bluetooth with everything else but my blaze. This is very frustrating. I have reset the blaze, turned it on and off, uninstalled the fitbit app and reinstalled on my phone, restarted my phone, turned bluetooth on and off, and much more nothing seems to work.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can t find the Samsung S9+ in the list of devices for connecting ok fitbit wirh oh new S9+

Best Answer
0 Votes
First turn off Bluetooth on your old phone and delete the Fitbit App. Then reinstall it on your new phone. It should sync with no trouble.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not helpful at all.  It's a standard reply that I've seen multiple times on this forum.  The Galaxy S9 is still not on the list you have provided.  Why would I spend my money on a product that is not compatible with my device??

Best Answer

I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Fitbit Charge 2. Both work fine with each other. 

Also my wife has the same phone with the Alta HR. No problems again. Hope this helps some doubters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some aspects do work with the S9 , but it seems more to do with the notifications , I have been seeing this issue raised for months now , about time fitbit got their IT guys to resolve asap if they are serious about customer aftersales service ... right now it does not seem to be the case!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its syncs fine. But u receive no notifications

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa and the Galaxy S9 and they work beautifully together! The new phone's Fitbit app even has female health tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes