Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got Charge 2 on Samsung J5 and no option for Exercise Shortcuts, only option for Exercise? Is it that J5 is not compatible with Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Exercise shortcuts are for what is called multi-sport mode, activated by pressing side button until you come to an exercise icon, then tapping screen until come to desired exercise, then pressing side button to stat and stop workout.

That is different from SmartTrack, the auto-recognized exercise option.  Auto-recognition works only for a predefined built-in set of exercises.  You cannot change what exercises are auto-recognized. Here you can see a list of what activities can be auto-recognized and read more about that.

I find it safer to use multi-sport mode for everything except sometimes for walks. With that, you don't need to worry about if it will be recognized correctly or if it will give credit for the full time of the activity.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

From phone dashboard, click Account icon near top right, then 'Charge 2'. Scroll down to near bottom. 'Exercise Shortcuts' should be just below 'Heart Rate' and above 'Help'.  Is it not there for you?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you JonnyRow,

It was there but how do you get Weights activated that it’s tracking what you do? Can I get Weights to Auto Recognized Exercisers? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exercise shortcuts are for what is called multi-sport mode, activated by pressing side button until you come to an exercise icon, then tapping screen until come to desired exercise, then pressing side button to stat and stop workout.

That is different from SmartTrack, the auto-recognized exercise option.  Auto-recognition works only for a predefined built-in set of exercises.  You cannot change what exercises are auto-recognized. Here you can see a list of what activities can be auto-recognized and read more about that.

I find it safer to use multi-sport mode for everything except sometimes for walks. With that, you don't need to worry about if it will be recognized correctly or if it will give credit for the full time of the activity.

Best Answer