Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Not Updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every morning I sync my fitbit, and I can see a summary of my night's sleep on the sleep tile in the main screen of the app, however, when I go to see the detail, the previous night's sleep will not be available, often for hours. I can sync every couple of minutes but it won't show up. Everything else is available after the first time I sync, except the sleep information. This never used to happen with the iOS version of the app - all the data would be available as soon as I synced - it's only since I changed my phone and started using the Android version of the app that it's become an issue. One of the main reasons I have the fitbit is to monitor my sleep, but I can't even see the data.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ShelaghG  - this may be partly due to the change of phone.

Did you make sure to remove the Bluetooth entries and logout of the Fitbit App of the old phone [or even uninstall it] if the old phone is still active?

Even though the Fitbit App may say sync complete, that is only retrieving the data from the watch.

Some data that displays on the phone is sent up and downloaded from the Fitbit servers which the phone may have a problem doing.

A few things to try on the new phone are, and see which if any of them make a difference:

• clear the Fitbit App cache and force stop it
  • logout of the Fitbit App and login
  • disable battery saving of Bluetooth and the Fitbit App
  • restart the phone

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the phone for almost 2 years, and bought a new Fitbit in December. I've cleared the cache several times, disconnected from bluetooth and re-connected, rebooted the phone. I've looked at the battery settings and disable battery saving of Bluetooth and the Fitbit App doesn't seem to be among the options.

When I sync, everything else updates, it's only the sleep data that doesn't. It sometimes used to take a minute on the iPhone, but nothing like this.

Best Answer

@ShelaghG  - if you owned a previous Fitbit it's possible that the switch over wasn't quite complete.

Probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Shelagh,

I have the same problem.

For me the sleep details do get updated if I stop and start the Fitbit app.

It's still a bit cumbersome, but it's a workaround until they fix this issue. I hope it works for you as well 

Jaap

Best Answer
0 Votes