Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages disappear from the entries

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About two weeks ago I lost the new sleep stages info. I've tried several things suggested here to get it going again, including deleting the log and re-entering manually. Nothing worked. I realized today that I was also missing heart rate info, which is linked to the sleep stages data. I think it got turned off around May 9th (possible update?), which is when I lost the sleep stages.  Can't say for sure if turning it back on will fix it, but thought I'd throw this out there for those who are missing the sleep stage data, check to make sure your heart rate monitor function is turned on.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

did you even read that I think I found the fix (and I did find it)? heart rate was turned off and it was needed for the sleep stages. I wanted to inform others who were having the same problem that this may be the cause.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @javniha, good to see you again. I have reviewed your online Dashboard if the same issue happened here? Certainly this is not an expected behavior so if on your app are not visible your sleep stages, please restart the app by login out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone. Once your phone has initialized again log back in to your Fitbit account.

In addition make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbti app for Android which is  2.50.

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

Good luck and let me know if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you even read that I think I found the fix (and I did find it)? heart rate was turned off and it was needed for the sleep stages. I wanted to inform others who were having the same problem that this may be the cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @javniha, I'm sorry if my previous reply seems it was not applicable for your concern. My apologies since I believed the source of this issue was with your app.

Nonetheless I'm happy to hear the source of this issue was more simple and was fix by turning On your Sleep stages. Indeed, sleep stages need to have your Heart rate sensor. Fitbit estimates your sleep stages using a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. While you’re sleeping, your device tracks the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate, known as heart rate variability (HRV), which fluctuate as you transition between light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep stages.

See you around and keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

It's almost if you didn't read my post.  I turned on the heartbeat function, not the sleep stages function. And thank you for explaining to me what I already knew, how the sleep stages work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have lost my sleep stage. I have flex I want it back
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sbyam, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I'm wondering if before your Flex, did you paired any other different tracker?  Note that Flex tracker does not have the feature to read your Sleep stages, as this function is limited only for  Fitbit Alta HR, Fitbit Blaze, or Fitbit Charge 2.

Let me know more details to help you better. See you around!

Best Answer

How do I turn on heart rate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AlyceB, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I saw you need to know how to turn your hear rate sensor On. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account iconUser-added image
  2. Tap or click the tracker tile.
  3. Tap Heart Rate and make sure it's set to Auto or On.
  4. Sync your tracker to apply the changes.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer