Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep editing with new interface?

ANSWERED

The Fitbit sleep tracking is pretty good in recognizing sleep start but absolutely useless in recognizing sleep end.

Now, Google seems to have (not only made the graphics uglier and messier, as is its wont, but) removed the possibility to correct sleep time manually in the android app. I was able to do it on the computer dashboard (Win), but not on my phone.

Why, Google, do you keep tormenting us? If you are able to destroy a good, simple product like the Fitbit, I would never want to try any of the hardware you have designed from scratch. (You have already convinced me to stop using your search engine, after 25 years of loyal use.)

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SussaB and welcome to the Community.  After you tap on your sleep tile, tap on the three dots in the upper right of your app.  The Edit Sleep option is there.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @SussaB and welcome to the Community.  After you tap on your sleep tile, tap on the three dots in the upper right of your app.  The Edit Sleep option is there.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Wonderful! Thank you LZeeW!

Best Answer

@LZeeW Thank you very much for your help. Top!

@SussaB Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out regarding editing sleep logs on the Fitbit app. Thanks for your feedback. 

I am glad to read you have found here how to edit your sleep logs. Thanks @LZeeW. Exactly, after selecting the desired sleep log, tap on the three dots on the top right corner. There one will be able to edit the log accordingly. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally give up. The devs are ignoring user feedback and plowing ahead with these awful changes. As of this morning the app is now permanently uninstalled. I installed a water tracking app and will have to do without sleep tracking. I'm shopping for a new device. 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and use the app. The sleep data on the main page of the app is constantly showing me yesterday’s sleep data (and has been doing this for some time, regardless of how many times I sync), and the recent layout update to the sleep data page in the app is HOT GARBAGE. What’s with all the weird dotted lines?? How can I revert to the old layout?

Best Answer

Thank you for the information! That was a bit unclear for me. You made my morning 🙂 To have the possibility to correct sleep data is so important for the value of this app.

The interface is softer now but a bit hard to read and understand in mobile. Maybe the designers just work with it on big screens? 😉 That's a common mistake. (Working with webdesign is part of my job.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still struggling 😪.  I follow the instructions but there are no 3 dots just a circle with an A in it. Up until know I loved the app but now I am ready to "throw in the towel" 😕

Best Answer

I was able to edit, and thank you for that. But if it counts, I really dislike this new report. I can no longer see how long I was up when I woke up in the middle of the night which was always really important to me. I can't enlarge it. I want to go back to the old one. Do you know how I can do that?

Best Answer

The view should be like this once you click on the sleep recording:Screenshot_20240421_145700.jpg

I don't know about going back, but once you clicked open the recording, you can see the duration of each stage by placing a finger somewhere on the recording. Then a vertical line will appear, that you can move along the recording and the times are shown above it.

Best Answer

Hello @Foodlady 

I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know there isn't a way to return to the previous version of the Sleep data.

The change to the Sleep data is part of the Fitbit redesign that started rolling out last year. This 9to5 Google article (<-- click link) provides more information about Fitbit's future.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer