Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep function ins't tracking on my One or Flex 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit One and a new flex 2. Both of my devices only record the start and end time of sleep with no data during the Sleep. Therefore my total sleep time is inaccurate.

In addition for the last two nights it has added an hour of sleep when I was not sleep.

This has been going on for over a week. I've tried switching devices, charging them both too full, logging out of Fitbit and logging back in, and nothing has worked. Please advise?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello there @NanaDiva, nice to see you again in the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering how does it look your sleep logs? You mentioned that neither of your two tracker are recording your sleep details ausing the time is inaccurate.

Keep in ind only your Flex 2 is capable to automatically read your sleep time, different from your Fitbit One where you need to manually start the sleep log. 

In your scenario I would recommend to restart your trackers:  See instructions in How do I restart my tracker? In the case of your Flex 2 try to sleep with your tracker on your non-dominant hand.

You can also adjust this settings on your Fitbit account to increase the sensitivity of your tracker to read your sleep movements. 

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your device to record nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful for users who wake up feeling tired even though their sleep history shows sufficient rest.

To review this settings access from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon

User-added imageTap or click Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity. Don't forget to syn to apply the changes to your trackers.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you Roberto for the welcome back.

1) I manually start my sleep app on my phone no matter which device I'm using, and turn it off manually when I wake up.  I haven't experienced the Flex2 automatically recording sleep, so I make sure it logs.  I also manually enter a sleep log when I take a nap while wearing either device.

2) Today's Log: Fitbit OneToday's Log: Fitbit OneAs you can see, the One didn't sync ANY data last night, and I was awake & up several times.

3)  I had already changed the sleep setting to sensitive last weekend - thinking that might solve it, but Monday night is the only time - in days - that it recorded accurately via the One (3 hours total sleep - had a rough night).

4) I will try restarting them, but I think the problem worth evaluating further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted both and it is STILL not tracking the specific sleep data on either device.  I used the One while out of town all weekend, with only SATURDAY (3/17) night reflecting correct sleep pattern:   

TIME ASLEEP:  3 hrs 16 mins

SLEEP QUALITY

• 22 times awake
  • 29 times restless
  • 203 mins awake/restless

(Yes this was accurate for that night)

However I noticed that as soon as I click "I'm awake" - the data details sometime flashes, but when it syncs the data is lost and I only see the start / end of the sleep log.

This problem is NOT solved.  Please advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working properly (see previous posts)  See attached screen shot which shows the minute data but not the corresponding chart.

And the last 2 nights I got no data at all.  Please reply to all my posts on this thread - other than the first??Sleep data 3-31 / 4-1/18Sleep data 3-31 / 4-1/18

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @NanaDiva, thank you for keep me posted and for sharing screenshots. My apologies for being absent after our last interaction. You are correct, this issue needs more evaluation since is not a normal behavior.

I was reading you have tried different solutions to no avail. At this time I wold like to recommend to pair your trackers as a replacement device. The process to follow is similar the you do the first time you set up your tracker only this time would be with your existing account. Just make sure to sync your trackers before you proceed and do not remove any from your account. Just follow the process as they wer not in your account. For more details perhaps this post will give you some extra help.

Keep me posted, I'm always around in this board.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes