Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep insights/stages disappeared again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know why my 1 week old fitbit Alta HR has stopped showing me sleep insights and instead is displaying a plain graph? It seems to have worked on the 1st and 4th day only? Is this a bug? So annoying as this is part of the reason i chose fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @AmiraK, good to see you are visiting the Community again. This is not a bug, the more sleep you log, the more insights you’ll receive, however you may not receive a new insight each day. Your insight is generated using your sleep data so don't expect to received insight for each night.

You can tap Like or Dislike below each insight to provide feedback to our team.

Hope this information helps, for more questions just keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've noticed it doesn't work with stages if you tell your fit bit when you settle down and when you wake up
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really very aggravating that sleep stages come and go with each update!   No response on why stages reverting to old format??  Really recommend that everyone go into Fitbit app in Playstore and turn off Auto Update so you can check reviews before installing a broken, half-baked update under the guise of "bug fixes" that breaks what's working fine... like the new dashboard for instance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @LindasPoint and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Amerylis

I wouldn't recommend to keep your Fitbit app with an outdated version, since this might affect the stability with other sections of the app. Usually when you installed an updated is recommendable to log out from the Fitbit app and restart your phone. There are scenarios where the phone does not recognized the new version of the app.

There are other scenarios where sleep stages wont be visible on your Dashboard:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight on your arm.
  • If you used the option of "Begin Sleep Now" in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low.

Hope this tips helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes