Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep so wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Clearly i got very little sleep on election night. I might of dozed off here and there but my Fitbit says 7 hrs!! When I change the sleep sensitivity it usually says 2-3 which is so wrong as well. It shows I was awake 10 times but for a min or two. What's the deal. They count that as asleep? No middle ground??
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Skat77, it's nice to see you around; @BlazeMan welcome to the Fitbit family.

Autodetection sleep is based on your movement, if you haven’t moved in a while, your trackers assume you're sleeping. If you're in bed and not moving your arms, it's possible the trackers started counting sleep even if you weren't. If you have already restarted your tracker, I would like to suggest going to your Device Settings and make sure the Dominant Hand setting is correct (for your dominant or non-dominant hand). If it is, change it, sync, change it back and sync again to reset it.

Give it a try and let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @Skat77, it is great to see you around! Smiley Very Happy hmmm this sounds pretty weird. Have you experiencing this issue before? Let me suggest you something, let's go ahead and restart your Alta by following the instructions on this post. This could avoid that from happening again, 'cause maybe it is just a glitch with the software of your tracker. 

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually did that yesterday thinking it would help. I was awake at 150am today and didn't fall back to sleep in IL after 3. Although it shows I was awake on the graph,it says o got almost 9 hrs of sleep which is way off. I may if been in bed but not asleep
Best Answer
0 Votes
New fitbit blaze user, I am also noticing that blaze is not very accurate with monitoring sleep. However most other things I use it for seems fine. Less than a week into blaze, I will wait and see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Skat77, it's nice to see you around; @BlazeMan welcome to the Fitbit family.

Autodetection sleep is based on your movement, if you haven’t moved in a while, your trackers assume you're sleeping. If you're in bed and not moving your arms, it's possible the trackers started counting sleep even if you weren't. If you have already restarted your tracker, I would like to suggest going to your Device Settings and make sure the Dominant Hand setting is correct (for your dominant or non-dominant hand). If it is, change it, sync, change it back and sync again to reset it.

Give it a try and let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had the blaze about a month now and I too am having an issue with the sleep tracking, it typically is tracking way less sleep than I am actually getting. Is there a way to adjust/set sleep sensitivity on the blaze like in other tracker like the charge...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lylesbw and welcome!, it's nice to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

It is possible to change the sleep sensitivity for any tracker by going to the Device Settings. Scroll down and the Sleep Tracking setting will appear at the bottom. Please remember that after changing any setting, a sync is needed for it to take effect. 

Please feel free to reply if you need anything else! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I changed the band to sleep sensitivite and last night it says I slept 5 hrs zero time awake but the timing says I slept from 1020 to 630. Why would that be? Either way is always incorrect
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Skat77, thanks for getting back to us! I appreciate you have tried the steps that my friend @MarcoGFitbit suggested above. Since the issue persists, I urge you to contact Fitbit Support and explain them what you've done so far to fix this. I'm pretty sure that they will find a solution for you. Smiley Wink 

Let me know the outcome! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a CHG2 and it lists the hours right in the list but the graph is horribly wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HDFactory, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, would it be possible for you to reply to me a screenshot of your sleep graph so I can check this further? That will be very helpful for me to investigate this situation.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
Here it is
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HDFactory, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day.

Unfortunately, it seems the picture you sent didn't come through in your latest reply. Would it be possible to reply again with the picture? Please follow these instructions in how to add a picture to your post if you're having any difficulties.

I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes