Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker doesn't start until after midnight.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the past few days my sleep tracker isn't tracking sleep until after midnight. Despite going to bed around 10pm and most likely asleep within several minutes, the sleep log, tile, graph only shows sleep after midnight, (most likely at the tail end of deep sleep). Last night's sleep log ii edited to reflect an approximate asleep start time and that seems to correct the sleep stages log, but it seems goofy that I'd need to do this. Screenshot_Fitbit_20180725-053346.png

Screenshot_Fitbit_20180725-053356.png

Screenshot_Fitbit_20180725-053405.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@toddsdonald Hi and Welcome - this may sound strange but I have had occasions when fitbit resets some of my stats for no reason - ie miles to km and stone - kg I am wondering if your tracker time is correct and the correct time zones are still set on your settings page - it maybe worth a look,

are all other stats behaving as they should do?

you may need to do a few restarts to sync all data back to normal link and details as follows

1, Restart Fitbit Device

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

if no-one else comes up with another suggestion that may help I can only suggest contact support if those given here do not work (they may ask you to repeat a few of the suggestions above) so they can tick them off of there troubleshooting list

customer support phone number will appear once the office is open (usually 0800 - 1900 Mon-Fri and 1000 - 1700 weekends in the UK)

Customer Support UK

This is for the UK but should you need to change country scroll to the bottom and look for United Kingdom with a down arrow next to it and click on the arrow now you can select your relevant country and the page will refresh

hope this helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@toddsdonald Hi and Welcome - this may sound strange but I have had occasions when fitbit resets some of my stats for no reason - ie miles to km and stone - kg I am wondering if your tracker time is correct and the correct time zones are still set on your settings page - it maybe worth a look,

are all other stats behaving as they should do?

you may need to do a few restarts to sync all data back to normal link and details as follows

1, Restart Fitbit Device

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

if no-one else comes up with another suggestion that may help I can only suggest contact support if those given here do not work (they may ask you to repeat a few of the suggestions above) so they can tick them off of there troubleshooting list

customer support phone number will appear once the office is open (usually 0800 - 1900 Mon-Fri and 1000 - 1700 weekends in the UK)

Customer Support UK

This is for the UK but should you need to change country scroll to the bottom and look for United Kingdom with a down arrow next to it and click on the arrow now you can select your relevant country and the page will refresh

hope this helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for suggestion about restarting the Fitbit. I will try to see if it helps. The other functions that normally work still work, (lol except gps and many other features). I'm the meanwhile, the tracker still doesn't start recording until after midnight, after I'm sleep. This problem just started a few days ago. Screenshot_Fitbit_20180808-063230.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@toddsdonald Just out of interest when you look at your sleep history does it show 1, 2, 3 hours before midnight like it is resetting all data at midnight and not just the activity and food log, - you may also want to try editing sleep to the time you went to bed/sleep (as close as) or in phone settings go to apps>Fitbit>storage>clear data and clear cache> uninstall app> restart phone and then finally re-install app

as for the GPS have you seen the following Article

Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device

Let us know the results

if neither helps then the Customer Support will probably have a few more tips/suggestions

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wayne, thanks for the assistance. The Fitbit doesn't show any hours before the sleep time start which its randomly choosing. The past few nights its only been recording after 1:00 am, instead of after midnight. The clock on the Fitbit device displays the correct time and so does the phone with the app. I edited last night's sleep to try and recalibrate it like you suggested. I'll try that first to see if that helps. If not, then I'll do the app removal and reinstall. Screenshot_Fitbit_20180809-082744.png

Screenshot_Fitbit_20180809-083408.png

Screenshot_Fitbit_20180809-083816.png

Best Answer

My fitbit does whatever the hell it wants to do instead of tracking sleep correctly. No one I know sets their sleep time from midnight to 6 am. Fitbit going in the garbage can soon

Best Answer
0 Votes