Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps disappearing when syncing multiple trackers (Charge 2 and Flex 2)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I sync my Charge 2, it overwrites the steps from my Flex 2.

Today, I woke up wearing my Charge 2, I took my first 100 steps with it, then I synced it my flex2 (as I was supposed to go swimming). When I wore flex and took another 100 steps, I synced flex 2 ok and I had 200 steps in my dashboard. But when I synced back to charge 2 and syncs it, I am back to 100 steps, all the steps from my Flex 2 disappear. I have found forum posts like this one from earlier in the year claiming that this problem has been fixed, but clearly it hasn't been.

I have also tried removing the Charge 2 from my account, using my Flex 2 (and syncing it), then re-adding the Charge 2 to my account. The Charge 2 still overwrites the steps from the Flex, even those taken while the Charge 2 was not associated with my account.

I'm using the latest version of the Android app (updated this morning), and the latest firmware versions for both the Flex 2 and Charge 2 (neither are showing an update available in the app). 

Is there any way to fix this? If not, then the Flex 2 is useless, because what point is a step tracker that can't track your steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Rhaglan, thank you for being part of the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! I was reading your post and as is stated in the post you highlighted, the issue was resolved in the past. So based on the description you have provided, I would like to recommend the following suggestions:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

The way this feature works is we wanted to make sure that if a user forgot to take a device off before putting on another we could still present the most accurate information possible on the dashboard. We do that by running algorithms that reconcile the overlapping data according to certain criteria. For example if one of your devices has Heart rate data and the other one does not, we'll choose the Heaart rate data when calculating your totals as this is a better indicator than step-counting alone.

All Fitbit trackers are highly accurate when worn correctly, so prioritizing the data of one device over another is usually arbitrary. For that reason we're unable to answer more specific questions about how overlapping data is reconciled so I can believe this is the scenario you might expedience.

See you later and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes