Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride Length: App vs Web Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm playing around with my stride lengths to see what is the best for me (automatic vs a custom).

When I update my stride to a custom number, it doesn't update both app and dashboard/web.

For example, if I update on the web dashboard/settings it only updates the web settings and vise versa.

How do I get them both to update or is it something I shouldn't be worried about?

At the moment my dashbord says 2 ft 6.8 inches (30.8 inches) and my app stride says 28.8 inches (2 ft 4.8 inches), so not a huge difference.. so should I just let it go, as it doesn't seem like that little of a difference would affect step count much, if at all.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@ValerieAnne I'm happy to see you here!

The stride length it is a really important information. Not for your step count as a step you take is still astep, no mather what distance it is from the other. But for your distance. That is calculated by multiplying your step count by your stride length. 

The account information is kept in Fitbit's servers so the App and the online dashboard should be showing the same information. Are you using the same account on your Smartphone and with your dashboard. You can verify this by going into the account settings by clicking the gear icon and checking the email address used gor your account. Then on the App go to your account and make sure it is the same address. Somethimes when signing up on the app the cell phone uses the default address that is registered on it. 

Let me know once you check this up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes